Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - MacDonald's prices may rise! - Page 12

Tags: FAIL THREAD IS FAIL, Jared Lee Loughner, Gandhi was an asshole, Snob Goblin is a muncher of sorts, WolfBird was wrong, VTV is fat and poor, Get me some waffle fo' free!, Ed is a huge floppy pussy, fat fucks, WHY IS THIS THREAD SO LONG, MAKE IT STOP, Ed has issues, 300 pages of fail!, shut up shut up shut up!!, Even SnobGoblin doesn't deserve this!, You are all internet terrorists, Enablers!, Bill is a conspiracy theorist, INTERNET HATE MACHINE, Ed vs VTV, ONLY SPOCK CAN SAVE THIS THREAD, WHY ED WHY, Now I want McDonalds, Verbal diarreha, DERAIL THIS THREAD, ...why?, fast food nyom nyom, Ed scolds Snob, 1:WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF POSTS IN A THREAD HERE, 2: WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF TAGS IN A THREAD HERE, END THE THREAD, EPIC TROLL THREAD, MATT IS SUPPLANTED, Bill pwns Ed, Bill is the trollercoaster, Bill > Matt, VTV makes a suprise appearance, Bill is VTV's ghost writer, 3:WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF TROLLS IN ONE THREAD, Bill has a PhD in Trollology, Oh hey, I herd you liek teh Mudkipz, ALL GLORY TO BILLLL, Bill trolls so hard everyone orgasms in unison, BOWLS OF SEVERED DICKS, hitler had some good ideas, ALL HAIL THE NEW TROLL KING BILL, Nominate, Matt loves McDonalds while Ed hates it, Ed does not know how to shut the hell up [ Add Tags ]

This forum thread is currently locked, no new replies or edits can be made.

[ Return to Topic Ritz-Carlton | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:08
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

^that.

#331 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:15
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

@Ed We have discussed. Over and over again. You are quite literally ignoring what you have been presented with.

No, you can't - because anyone who asks such a blanket question has obviously not read/understood anything about what we are talking about - material which I have shours addressing in this thread among others.

Do you have a specific component question about why McDonald's hamburgers are healthy? If not - then I can't help you. If you don't understand why McDonald's hamburgers are healthy then look it up. I don't have time for this beginners stuff anymore. I do my best to route people but now I work with those that are more advanced. Sorry- that is the nature of my time. In other words- it is self-evident in its unfolding.

But yes- I intend to make a chart soon the proves McDonald's is nutritional. Everything you just pointed out Ed is another regurgitation of assumptions which are intrinsically self-evident to the total system's application and those variables - regardless of the outcome - change nothing with regard to the approach itself. I'm sorry you don't follow that. I think you choose not to, frankly, given your history.

Until you understand why Mcdonald's is nutritional, noted and a direct account of proven component technical methods for whatever purposes deemed possible by that stage of scientific evolution (the level of that stage means nothing as well)- quantified and interrelated through various matrices (computer algorithms) - no absolute variables/ratios can be put in place. But that changes nothing. This entire discussion leading towards McDonald's being nutritional could be mathematically represented with arbitrary variable quantities and it would still be viable as an approach.

Again- I'm not going to repeat everything I have for the past few days Ed- which is exactly what is required given the ignorance of Ed's posts in this thread.

I try my best in general but some have no interest or no intent or no ability to understand. Good luck.

heh... the unnecessary suffering continues here.

As I stated before Ed:

...I commend everybodies fortitude but c'mon you know you are talking to brick wall. This kid will use the same ignorant refusals to relate over and over again. Ed has no interest in understanding - The entire game is to win - and their rhetoric proves it...
Everybody - don't waste your energy - Let Ed continue to assume we have no foundation for anything. Who cares? It is time to stop battling with those who are too deranged/conditioned to see the obvious.

Here is the correct feeling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZBbtk47vZw

#332 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:19
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

END THE THREAD

#333 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:35
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

PETA is a terrorist organization.

#334 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:37
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

^ i agree

i cant believe this thread is still going. is this the longest one on this forum?

#335 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:40
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

Why doesn't anyone ever listen when I try to reach a conclusion we can all agree on? I bet if we asked everyone what it is we were arguing over, we would get a different answer from each of us.

#336 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:52
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

@domokato:

Is a big mac nutritious? I would say yes, because it contains protein, carbs, dairy, and some veggies.

I would say no, since it contains such negligible nutrition. That is what all the studies say that I told you about. It contains an extremely high amount of fat and extremely high amount of sodium (as you accepted) but FYI the portion of vegetables (onion/pickle) are so small as to be nutritionally irrelevant. Iceberg lettuce is also essentially nutritionally void, like white potato which is why white potato does not count as a portion of vegetable despite BEING a vegetable.

White processed bread also does virtually nothing for you, not all carbs are good. Yes it does contain dairy in the cheese, so does ice cream, so does a Mars bar, but it doesn't make it nutritious or healthy. Yes it contains protein and energy, but so do lots of foods. We also don't really need much protein, yet that is mainly what you get besides a load of fat and salt. Sure its yummy, I ate it again today! But why do you think any of this means it can be called nutritious? Something isn't "nutritious" just because it has some nutrients in it. Nutritious refers to HEALTH, it needs to have an abundance of nutrients. I challenged Aaron to find someone relevant using the term in another way and he didn't even attempt it. EVERY relevant source I checked uses the term nutritious to be synonymous with healthy.

McDonalds burgers are what you'd call empty calorie foods because so much of it is processed, its the opposite to a food that is "nutritionally dense". (Yes these are real terms I'm not making them up.) This, as you might expect, is a bad thing.

I'll point out something else, a Mars bar can be argued is good for you if your nutrient levels are low enough but a Mars bar as I think everyone accepts is still an unhealthy food.

I've said all this all before, why are you making me repeat myself?

Is a big mac balanced? Not really; it has a lot of sodium and fat for a single meal.

So Skeptoid is wrong by claiming its well balanced in every food group. At least someone has decided to disagree with Dunning about something. Apparently some people here seem to think he can't be wrong for some reason.

It also has along with loads of fat and salt, as I said, processed cheese and processed white bread and tiny irrelevant amounts of vegetable. Thats also why its not balanced.

Is a big mac therefore unhealthy? We can't really answer this because there is no clear line between a healthy and unhealthy food. At least with "diets" we can go by the RDA metric. Maybe in common parlance we might say a big mac is unhealthy as shorthand for "don't eat more than 1 per day", but I'd say you can only really judge the entire diet as healthy or not.

Confusing diet with the individual foods again? Why do you all ignore the comparison to me eating a Mars bar? If I eat that Im going to be fine and not go over my RDA in anything bad, so does that mean its not unhealthy? Of course not.

And I also already showed you that the scientific consensus is that fast food (high fat, high salt, empty calorie) is that they are not healthy. Yet you and Aaron just want to ignore all that and apparently rely exclusively on your own opinion of nutrition where you make up your own definitions and rules. Well that's fine, but lets not pretend its supported by science, it isn't. If you disagree I again challenge you to find any expert sources that agree with you, that really is the only thing left unless you want me to show you more evidence of how nutritionists understand to be a "well balanced" diet and what is "nutritious" and how unhealthy they consider fast food to be.

#337 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 19:58
(0)

CS Original

but it tastes so good ed! come on, give in to your hunger ed.

#338 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:01
(0)

CS Original

So Bill just keeps rambling the same nonsense he's been rambling from the start.

Hey Bill, keep pushing your conspiracy theory man.Why is it no experts agree with you again? Ah well. I know you keep claiming they exist, somewhere! It must be really annoying to not even be able to give a single example.

Btw if I may remind everyone of a particularly stupid argument Bill made:

Tell you what. I am going to start feeding you poop. I will agree to pay a fee for it. (By the way, I don't think this is going to solve the problems your going to have when I get poop in your mouth.). Now which is more healthier poop or a McDonald's hamburger.

So according to Bill, no foods can ever be called unhealthy since "poop" is always more unhealthy.

That's the bottom line for Bill, and I do accept under these terms compared to "poop" McDonalds food is pretty damn healthy!

#339 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:02
(0)

CS Original

As I say Inside Job, it does taste good! I ate it today! I ate it on Saturday as well! But I don't pretend I'm being healthy or that its healthy food, I know exactly why its not healthy for me.

#340 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:04
(1)

CS Original

so why do you eat it. are you a hypocrite?

#341 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:07
(0)

CS Original

@Ed for the past few days you have been arguing with VTV. What I did is if you remember the debate on TZM forums called "My debate with Aegis." Where VTV debates the economist I basically moded all of VTV's responses to the guy which all of it was vague as hell and responded back with VTV's responses to you in this thread. For the past few days you have in fact been responding to VTV and last post with the techno babble Peter Merola.

I was wondering how much you would responded to VTV like statement and I'm amazed you kept up all the way through to where I have no more responses of VTV or Peter within that topic on the TZM forum. yes for people wondering they were very vague in their responses to Aegis. So I could understand why Ed was getting frustrated but I couldn't believe it would last to where I'd run out of material. Lasted for days...

you'll find when entering the TZm debate I ripped VTV's stuff in chronological order. I also towards the end compiled and ripped Peter Merola's techno babble as well in the last post.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=99999&func=view&catid=231&id=295558

Ed your on candid camera :)

#342 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:09
(-1)

CS Original

Inside Job wrote:

so why do you eat it. are you a hypocrite?

Hey why don't you make me laugh and explain exactly why I would be a hypocrite?

#343 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:10
(0)

CS Original

So you were trolling me Bill??? EDIT: I just checked the thread, you have a lot of patience to go through all that.

You don't really believe any of the crap you were talking about?

If so bravo, but what a waste of time for everyone. I don't see exactly what you think you proved. I guess that the ZGM make terrible arguments? I think it might have had a better affect if you'd done it to a pro-Zeitgeister....

#344 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:13
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

lol

#345 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:15
(0)

CS Original

Well that doesn't explain Aaron, Inside Job and and domokato unless they're all in on it as well.

I REALLY hope you all were because that would be the coolest thing.

#346 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:15
(0)

CS Original

#347 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:15
(1)

CS Original

No wonder this kept going and going and going....

It was a troll thread.

#348 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:16
(0)

CS Original

Like i said...I think it might have had a better affect if you'd done it to a pro-Zeitgeister....

I guess you could do it again, but still.

So again, were ALL of you in on it or just Bill and Matt?

#349 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:18
(1)

CS Original

you are a hypocrite because you were talking about how bad it was then admitted to buying and eating it.

#350 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:20
(0)

CS Original

@Ed TZM does make horrible arguments. Reading through VTV's post I couldn't find any data in their at all, this also includes Peter in that thread I was reading. It was so mind numbing to see "you have no data show the data" coming from VTV, when the economist clearly showed the data. Ed look back to the part about "well their is a reason I'm the spokesperson of the venus project" but I had modded it, thought that was a bit funny what VTV said. LOL

VTV had said that he wanted to give "rat poison" to the economist I thought that was a bit harsh for anyways so I Modded it to poop.

#351 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:23
(0)

CS Original

Bill, you've earned it.

#352 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:30
(0)

CS Original

you are a hypocrite because you were talking about how bad it was then admitted to buying and eating it.

Is this a serious question?

What foods do you consider unhealthy that you still choose to eat/drink? Cake? Chocolate bars? (or candy bars as you say in the US) Ice Cream? Coca-Cola drinks (coke, fanta, sprite) etc? Doughnuts?

We choose to eat foods we know are unhealthy all the time, but I'm not going to sugar coat (pun intended) how unhealthy they are to make me feel better. McDonalds burgers and fries are not healthy foods, but they taste nice!

If I was saying they were an evil corporation and that no one should eat it you could call me a hypocrite and it would make sense.

@Bill:

"Ed look back to the part about "well their is a reason I'm the spokesperson of the venus project""
-

Yes I just had a look back, you really had me going. Im quite glad as I really was amazed you appeared to be THAT crazy. Promise me you will do this in an argument with a Zeitgeist Movement member at some point. Even better, it would be fun to do so to VTV or as a video response to Peter

#353 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:32
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

#354 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:36
(0)

CS Original

This went from being a horrible vacuum of bullshit to my favorite thread ever.

#355 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:38
(0)

CS Original

Well Im still waiting for them all to say hahahaha yes it was a joke... but McDonalds is not unhealthy you're still wrong, I find it hard to believe very single person that debated me on this was pretending.

#356 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:41
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

I wasn't pretending; but I knew Bill was. He had told us from the beginning on IRC.

#357 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:41
(0)

CS Original

I think Bill acted alone. Matt, Aaron, WolfBird, and myself were getting extremely irritated at this thread.

Maybe Bill was trolling us, too.

#358 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:44
(0)

CS Original

then i apologise ed. but just to clarify, could you please sum up for me the point you were trying to make?

#359 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 31, 2011 - 20:46
(0)

CS Original

*sigh*

So we're still left with some people defending really bad nutrition myths, oh well.

#360 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]