Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - MacDonald's prices may rise!

Tags: FAIL THREAD IS FAIL, Jared Lee Loughner, Gandhi was an asshole, Snob Goblin is a muncher of sorts, WolfBird was wrong, VTV is fat and poor, Get me some waffle fo' free!, Ed is a huge floppy pussy, fat fucks, WHY IS THIS THREAD SO LONG, MAKE IT STOP, Ed has issues, 300 pages of fail!, shut up shut up shut up!!, Even SnobGoblin doesn't deserve this!, You are all internet terrorists, Enablers!, Bill is a conspiracy theorist, INTERNET HATE MACHINE, Ed vs VTV, ONLY SPOCK CAN SAVE THIS THREAD, WHY ED WHY, Now I want McDonalds, Verbal diarreha, DERAIL THIS THREAD, ...why?, fast food nyom nyom, Ed scolds Snob, 1:WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF POSTS IN A THREAD HERE, 2: WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF TAGS IN A THREAD HERE, END THE THREAD, EPIC TROLL THREAD, MATT IS SUPPLANTED, Bill pwns Ed, Bill is the trollercoaster, Bill > Matt, VTV makes a suprise appearance, Bill is VTV's ghost writer, 3:WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF TROLLS IN ONE THREAD, Bill has a PhD in Trollology, Oh hey, I herd you liek teh Mudkipz, ALL GLORY TO BILLLL, Bill trolls so hard everyone orgasms in unison, BOWLS OF SEVERED DICKS, hitler had some good ideas, ALL HAIL THE NEW TROLL KING BILL, Nominate, Matt loves McDonalds while Ed hates it, Ed does not know how to shut the hell up [ Add Tags ]

This forum thread is currently locked, no new replies or edits can be made.

[ Return to Topic Ritz-Carlton | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:36
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

My Response NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

http://chicagobreakingbusiness.com/2011/01/mcdonalds-4q-profit-up-on-strong-global-sales.html</p>

McDonald’s likely to hike prices as costs rise
By Emily Bryson York
Posted Monday at 12:05 p.m.

McDonald’s Corp. will raise prices in the U.S. this year to combat rising commodity costs, the company said in its fourth-quarter earnings call Monday morning.

The Oak Brook-based burger chain estimates that ingredient costs will rise 2 percent to 2.5 percent, with some of those costs passed on to consumers.

“As commodity and other cost pressures become more pronounced as we move throughout the year, we will likely increase prices to offset some, but not necessarily all, of these cost increases,” McDonald’s chief financial officer Pete Bensen said on the call.

He added that “growing traffic and market share has been a key to our success” in recent years, so the company will seek to balance a need for “strong traffic momentum with any strategic pricing moves.”

The company estimates the level of increases its customers can bear by looking at pricing at restaurants and grocery stores, as well as other factors, including inflation. Using this formula, chief operating officer Don Thompson said the company did not raise prices in the U.S. in 2010 because grocery prices increased an average of 0.2 percent, which McDonald’s read as a sign that customers would revolt against higher prices at its restaurants.
So, Bensen said, the company grew same-store sales and operating margins by increasing traffic. Average check amounts declined, however, as the popularity of items such as smoothies and frappes increased the number of single-item sales. This year, McDonald’s plans to build its business through price and traffic increases.

Talk of price hikes came as the company reported its fourth-quarter profit grew 2 percent, to $1.24 billion, as global same-store sales increased 5 percent, including a 4.4 percent increase in the United States. Earnings per share also increased, 5 percent, to $1.16.

“During 2010, we continued our efforts toward becoming our customers’ favorite place and way to eat and drink … and customers rewarded us by visiting our restaurants more often,” McDonald’s CEO Jim Skinner said in a statement. “As a result, we generated strong sales and delivered profitable market share growth.”

For the year, the chain, which serves 62 million customers each day, said same-store sales grew 5 percent, with growth in every segment during each quarter. Net income grew 6 percent, to $22.08 billion.

Full-year results were in line with expectations.

For the company’s performance in the U.S., which continues to outpace that of the restaurant industry, McDonald’s cited chicken nuggets, the McRib sandwich and efforts to build brand loyalty, through the Monopoly promotion, and the caramel mocha, now part of the chain’s McCafe line of beverages.

France and Russia were cited as key growth drivers in Europe, and Japan, Australia and China led the company’s Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa region.

The company added that McDonald’s is off to a strong start in 2011, with global same store sales growth expected between 4 percent and 5 percent.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:37
(0)

CS Original

Standby for Matt's BAWWWWWWW.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:41
(1)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Don't care, it will still be cheap.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:46
(0)

CS Original

McDonalds Targeted In US Health Ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NykkjZIlU

Unhappy meals: American doctors' TV ad features a corpse holding a hamburger and the line 'I was lovin' it'. McDonald's, which has thrived in the recession, isn't laughing

McDonald's fast food is graphically linked to health problems in this ad from a doctors' group urging viewers: 'Tonight, make it vegetarian '

It is an image to sap the flabbiest of appetites. An overweight, middle-aged man lies dead on a mortuary trolley, with a woman weeping over his body. The corpse's cold hand still clutches a half-eaten McDonald's hamburger.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:49
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Vegans always have to lie in order to push their ideology.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:50
(0)

CS Original

Or in this case, appeal to emotion.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 16:56
(1)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

Level: 1
CS Original

Veggies are good for yah, but they aren't the end all, be all.

Will too much of McDonald's hurt? Sure, just as much as too much of everything else as well.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:02
(0)

CS Original

Mercury in Beef, It's What's for Dinner? - Alex Jones Tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7VFCaMfl5M

Mercury in Hamburger Patties Explained - Alex Jones Show

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:07
(1)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

What DragonStar said. It's no secret that McDonald's isn't good for you. That ad sounds like it's really stretching the truth. Of course too much will eventually kill you, but we know it's bad! This is one of the big problems I had with Super Size Me. That guy definitely had balls to do what he did, but he was really basically proving something that's common knowledge.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:27
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"It's no secret that McDonald's isn't good for you."

Prove it. Because I call bullshit. Prove that food made at McDonalds is any less healthy than the same food made at home.

Also, the Super Size Me guy didn't have balls for doing what he did. He simply had an agenda to push and didn't care if he did so honestly.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:35
(1)

CS Original

"Bacon is good for me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo

his kid doesn't like a strange woman taking away his bacon!
Viewers should also pause at 00:32

This is from an episode of the show "Wife Swap" on ABC (season 5, episode 18)

Here's what he says between 0:57 - 1:05 :

"I had a very calm day till this. A little bump in the road comes and she wants to be ("she bes") sarcastic!"
(thanks Patemjo, ditzyxbeans and
asschilee)

Join the facebook-group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126037219823

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:49
(1)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

What wasn't the Super Size guy honest about?

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 17:56
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original
#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:08
(1)

Level: 2
CS Original

"What wasn't the Super Size guy honest about?"
well I know it was a deleted scene but when he lets all the burgers mold and then show you that the fries don't mold he lets you assume that its because McDonald's has some sort of freaky bio engineered fries or something, when it reality is because things with dense saturated fat content don't mold, fries from anywhere that are deep fried won't mold, not just McDonald's.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:10
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

There is nothing honest about Super Size Me.

Nothing. Spurlock is a lying piece of shit. There's no shortage of information available online that shows exactly what kind of person he is.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:12
(0)

CS Original

^On a similar note: their smaller hamburgers won't mold in some conditions either, but that's due to them just drying out... not to any sort of frankenfood mystery ingredients. Their bigger burgers mold just like anything else.

Edit: "^" meant for duncan.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:15
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Well, Matt, I can't find anything credible to support my claim. You can.

Therefore, I am wrong, and now I know to really look at any source before I link it. I should have before, but oh well.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:18
(1)

Level: 4
CS Original

McDonalds is delicious. Also, their hamburgers can rot, contrary to popular opinion, but they just usually don't (just like homemade burgers): http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html</p>

EDIT: fking...ninja'd

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:20
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Cool, glad to hear it.

The anti-McDonalds rhetoric that everyone hears is really anti-corporate rhetoric. It has nothing whatsoever to do with nutrition. Certain people have an ideological axe to grind and they will do so at the expense of factual accuracy. Spurlock is one of them.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:20
(0)

CS Original

"Well, Matt, I can't find anything credible to support my claim. You can.

Therefore, I am wrong, and now I know to really look at any source before I link it. I should have before, but oh well. "

FAST FOOD IS BAD is just an easy position to get behind, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:22
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

FAST FOOD IS BAD is just an easy position to get behind, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

It's practically "common sense"

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:24
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

@Sil
I won't. After all, aren't skeptics supposed to arrive at the conclusion supported by evidence? I had the wrong position, and it has been sufficiently proven that it was wrong. I'd be a fool/ideologue to defend it.

@Matt
This may sound strange, but thanks for proving me wrong.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:25
(1)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

It's also common sense that I'll gain weight if I eat 5000 calories' worth of vegetables and healthily cooked meat and not exercise at all.

(sigh) Guess I got to add Super Size Me to "Things I used to like, but now fucking hate and feel odd when someone else says they do."

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:27
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Spurlock also associates with extreme animal rights people who advocate violence to push their ideology. He is no hero. He is a scumbag.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:29
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

I'LL STEAM AS MANY CRABS AS I WANT TO EAT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:32
(0)

CS Original

Like Wolf Bird, I have learned today. Thanks Matt!

As for McDonald's, the quality of the taste has decreased in recent years, IMO, but there you go.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Caramel ColorPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:34
(1)

hey sailor

CS Original

Any thoughts on the recent bullshit with Taco Bell? Oh no ground beef and oatmeal, i might as well be eating meatloaf!

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EricPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:34
(1)

Oooh baby, baby, baby, baby, ... EEE baby, baby, baby.

CS Original

McDonald's sucks, but Taco Bell is awesome.

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:37
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

The taste in McDonalds has lowered in quality because anti-corporate groups badgered them relentlessly until McDonalds agreed to use a leaner cut of beef. Now those same anti-corporate groups badger McDonalds relentlessly because the quality of taste in their burgers has gone down.

That's why there's a difference in taste.

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Jan 27, 2011 - 18:38
(1)

CS Original

Heh, point taken. Though I've found a good replacement in Wendy's, so there you go.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]