Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Eating right? What the hell is that? [ Conspiracy theory, Ed said so! ] - Page 2

Tags: who added all these stupid tags?, to do, Snob Goblin is a muncher of sorts, Ed is a huge floppy pussy, fast food nyom nyom, I FUCKIN LOVE CORN DOGS, food, health woo, chemical fallacy, fathead, protein, diets, proper eating, Ed has a problem with this post - surprise!, bring the ridiculous tags!, Anything that disagrees with Ed is a CT, Fuck not again, WE ARE OMNIVEROUS, low-carb, Gary Taubes, Every thread Ed touches turns to shit, hypothesis, OMG CHEEZBURGERS ARE AWESOME, STARCH IS FOR IRONING CLOTHES NOT FOOD :), STARCH IS ALSO A GLUE FOR PAPER PRODUCTS NOT FOOD :), Ed is an intellectual midget [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Sites of interest | Reply to Topic ]
EricPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:36
(0)

Oooh baby, baby, baby, baby, ... EEE baby, baby, baby.

Level: 1
CS Original

So not anymore? Never again, Ed?

#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:42
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Oh joy, here's Ed to vomit self righteous shit all over another food thread.

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:47
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

I think I'd much rather know why talking about something not mainstream is a conspiracy theory

Take a look at your first post, especially how you phrased things. Doesn't that sound familiar to you? As I said, if this stuff is indeed such "bullshit" and people like Taubes and films like FatHead have somehow blown the lid off this myth, why is it the worlds scientists still don't get it?

Oh sure you'll find a few here and there, but that's the same for truthers and the same for raw foodists. The point is that the mainstream view and the foremost scientific institutions are either incompetent or they are in on some kind of conspiracy to suppress something that can easily be understood by non-experts on a internet forum or by watching a film like FatHead. Now, read that back and imagine I'm talking instead about truthers, raw foodists, chem trails, anti-vaxx etc. What is the real difference between what you're saying and what they say? They say its not a conspiracy theory to question the mainstream view. Not necessarily, that is true. Its just invariably 95% of the time when someone tells you that it comes down to this. Either the worlds scientists are incompetent, stupid or there's a conspiracy. You can't really have it any other way. What is the reason they don't agree with people like Taubes? What is the reason they aren't taken seriously?

I'm glad though you now agree you were completely wrong in the anti-legalization thread and the pro-fast food thread.

Oh no, I was right in the pro-fast food thread. You should read a little closer.

#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:48
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Quit fucking up Rox's thread. Go start your own.

#34 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:49
(0)

CS Original

Im sorry Matt I didn't know Rox just wanted everyone to suck his cock.

#35 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:50
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Rox doesn't have a cock you autistic weirdo.

#36 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EricPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:51
(0)

CS Original

So Ed? Not anymore? Never smoking it again?

#37 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:51
(0)

CS Original

So not anymore? Never again, Ed?

I probably won't, yes. I haven't smoked anything in I guess a year, but it was always once every 6 months or whatever and even then very little. You wouldn't say someone is an alcoholic even if they have a drink every week! Also, it wouldn't matter even if I did. There are people, believe it or not, that smoke cigarettes but are well aware how unhealthy they are.

#38 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EricPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:53
(0)

CS Original

From the perspective of someone who's never have had a sip of alcohol, I'd say you're all alcoholics to me.

#39 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:53
(0)

CS Original

Sorry then Matt, I will add "proverbial" cock... for some reason you wanted to take me literally!

#40 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 09:54
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

That wasn't proverbial, you said Rox was a male. Rox is Edward's daughter.

Why is it every time you post here all you do is irritate people.

#41 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:07
(0)

CS Original

Obviously whether Rox is male or female is irrelevant, my point which apparently was too difficult for you to understand, was asking whether this thread was just for praising Rox's opening post and we're not allowed to criticise it.

Its a good thing I'm very busy these days or I might get sucked in to all this again... I don't really think I need to anyway, I provided an article by an obesity doctor earlier and Rox admitted she read none of it because the first sentence seemed to advocate for a low carb diet and therefore he must obviously agree with her even though he calls Taubes book "pseudoscience", "just another magic diet book" and that he "argue'd his points like he's a Grade 9 student writing a high school science project". ... I've also made my point about how this is not a mainstream view and her arguments for why it isn't a conspiracy theory could easily be used in the exact same way for promoting any other conspiracy theory we all accept as conspiracy theories.

I'll check back later, but right now I have to get back to work.

#42 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:08
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Do the world a favor and go eat some sprouts with organic e-coli Ed.

#43 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:16
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

Thank god your one doctor set us all straight. Did you expect us to all swoon when you linked your kick ass blog post?

#44 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:24
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

This is what's so damn irritating about Ed. He was wrong about your gender, but he doesn't just say "oh, I was wrong." No, Ed is a legend in his own autistic mind and can never admit to being wrong. Instead he writes a long ass post trying to explain why its irrelevant that he's wrong. Its the same story in every damn thread he posts in for the most part.

Can't stand that self important douche bag and that's pretty much why. I wish he'd just stay over at JREF and leave this forum the fuck alone.

#45 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:27
(0)

CS Original

Thank god your one doctor set us all straight. Did you expect us to all swoon when you linked your kick ass blog post?

You still haven't read the article have you? How about when I get some time I find some well respected sources all saying things that show you're fringe, how about that? If I did that, would that make you change your mind? Or will you go back to arguing that just because you believe a fringe minority doesn't mean you're voicing a conspiracy theory?

You seem to have gone from... 'that Dr agrees with me'... to... 'why is it a conspiracy theory to question the mainstream view?'... to... 'that Dr is just one guy big deal, this is mainstream!'.

You don't have to agree with me, who the hell am I to say anything about science? I am asking you to look at the real experts.

Now this time I really do have to get back to work.

Oh and PS Matt, I still don't see why it matters whether Rox is male or female. Sure, I said "he" when I should have remembered Rox was female. Big deal. It had nothing to do with what I was saying. You seemed to make out that this thread was not for questioning Rox's claims, that we're all meant to just praise how wonderful it is. That is what I was commenting on. And btw I have admitted I was wrong many times, apparently pretending otherwise makes you feel better. My participation was going fine until Rox refused to read the article I posted and then quote-mined the first sentence to claim he agrees with her when he doesn't. Yes, that did piss me off a little bit.

#46 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:28
(0)

CS Original

You don't get it Ed, I don't give a shit about what you have to say.

You have this fantastic way of just being an annoying know it all who just goes on and on about the same stupid shit. You literally shit stain every thread you get involved in.

#47 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:32
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Go away Ed. Nobody likes you.

#48 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:34
(0)

CS Original

It's not being disliking Ed, it's about him being that annoying kid in class who always tries to correct the teacher and remind her there was weekend homework on Friday afternoon.

#49 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:34
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

The next person to tell me what I can and can not eat because its unhealthy is going to get a fucking slap.

The fact of the matter is this, diets based on eating only certain food sources are clearly unhealthy, being omniverous creatures [for thousands of years might I add] eating all food sources in moderation and not to excess is the most sensible diet a human could have....A preference for one and denying the other is foolish.

So fuck off with dont eat fatty foods, or only eat vegetables, or you must eat more wheat, or yada yada yada, its none of your fucking business.

#50 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:39
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

^This. thank you anticultist.

#51 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:43
(0)

CS Original

"It's not being disliking Ed, it's about him being that annoying kid in class who always tries to correct the teacher and remind her there was weekend homework on Friday afternoon. "

Well you sure are full of yourself! :-D Apparently you can't see how ironic this is, you're the one with the fringe position questioning the mainstream view, or, the "teacher", if you will.

I take back what I said before, I'm not going to waste more time giving you more evidence you're fringe and that everyone relevant disgaree's with you when you say you don't care what I post. Which sounds a lot like you declaring ahead of time that you won't ever change your mind no matter what. Ask for it and I will, though its really not hard to find yourself. But I guess its obvious you really don't want to be wrong about this which is why you refuse to question your position. How you can say I've behaved badly in this thread when you had the cheek to claim Freedhoff agrees with you and the rest of his article can be ignored because of one line you don't understand from the first paragraph!

Have fun in this thread, but I've said all I need to say. I don't have the time to go on for pages about why you stubbornly refuse to question your own beliefs and why you can use the same fallacies as CT's do but they can't.

#52 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:44
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

HEY GUYS I GOTTA GO TO WORK AND IM NOT POSTING ANY MORE

#53 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 10:48
(0)

CS Original

Which sounds a lot like you declaring ahead of time that you won't ever change your mind no matter what

Nope, that's not what I said, way to do your typical jumping to far, far conclusions. Too bad it's not an Olympic sport. I said that you're annoying and you fuck up threads... how does that mean I'm completely set on the paleolithic diet?

Not sure, but I guess to Ed that makes sense, because everyone who disagrees is automatically an enemy, against him completely, and is close minded, right? Save your self-serving horse shit for someone else, maybe that crap works on TZM and 9/11 forums, but not here.

"You disagree with me, you're a CT, you believe in fallacies, you're close minded!" - Ed

Freedhoff agrees with you and the rest of his article can be ignored because of one line you don't understand from the first paragraph!

Because I said that he agreed with the premise and he said in plain English that he agreed with the premise, I didn't understand it? Alright, great work Ed, always right no matter what, even if the basic laws of the English language disagree with you.

#54 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 11:33
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Anyone else notice that Freedhof's problem isn't the theory or argument, but the way Taubes makes his case? Lets be honest, Taubes is writing a pop-science book and Freedhof doesn't like it. He isn't saying the underlying argument isn't promising or interesting; in fact he says it is in the first few paragraphs. Furthermore, he ends his review as such:

The question that bothered me most throughout the book wasn't about carbs or thermodynamics, but rather why has Taubes chosen to argue his points like he's a Grade 9 student writing a high school science project rather than a well respected, scientific journalist?

further bringing home the point that the fundamental argument is not the problem, but the arguments Taube makes to get at this point. Ed used this review as if it were some wonderful disassembly of the central claim; its not. The review is a review of the book andTaube's writing, not of the scientific argument that the conventional way in which we conceive of dietary health may be off-base. It was pretty stupid to use that review as if it somehow did away with the main claim when it is explicitly not such an endeavor. There is not a single, convincing scientific argument being made because Freedhof is not writing his review to do that. He's writing it to critique a book. Ed, get real, make your argument by actually using some real scientific data (its not that hard, go on Google scholar and poke around) rather than harvesting a blogspot book review.

#55 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 11:55
(0)

CS Original

I think that comment makes you a conspiracy theorist full of logical fallacies, Kaiser.

#56 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Caramel ColorPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 12:34
(0)

hey sailor

CS Original

Kaiser hit the nail on the head, really. The book reviewer even agrees with the basic premise of Taubes' book:

"I'm quite low-carb friendly and that I readily agree that science has proven that saturated fat has been wrongly demonized by the medical establishment"

"Furthermore, I also agree that carbohydrates, more specifically the refined highly processed ones, contribute dramatically to both obesity and chronic disease and their reduction may well have a role to play in most folks' weight management efforts, and that a myopic view of dietary fat as causal to chronic disease and obesity has likely in and of itself, by means of a consequent dietary shift to carbohydrates, contributed dramatically to the rise in the societal prevalence of chronic disease and obesity."

Whoa, sure sounds like he agrees with the low carb/high fat concept. So what is his beef with Taubes? Here's one complaint:

Sadly Taubes takes a strange road to walk in following up on those whys. Taubes rages against the calories-in/calorie-out hypothesis stating that one would be, "hard-pressed to find (a concept) more damaging". He states the calorie concept has done, "incalculable harm", that it has fueled the obesity as a function of sloth and lack of willpower that lays blame squarely on each obese person's ample shoulders.

I wholly disagree with him. It's not the concept that's done so much harm, it's the misuse of the concept, its oversimplification and its grossly unfair, individualized, blame-based application. The danger and the harm lies solely with the failure of society and medicine to ask why are people consuming so many more calories - a failure Taubes so rightly pointed out just a few pages prior.

He doesn't like that Taubes doesn't think there's a genetic component to weight gain or that peoples' bodies can be different. That one of his arguments. If you're going to post a rebuttal to Rox, at least find something that actually disagrees with her basic premise. Not to mention that this is just a fucking book review.

And btw, low carb/high fat diet isn't just EAT BACON. You eat other things, such as leafy greens. Cooked in butter. And it's great.

To get this back on track:
http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/my-raw-food-low-fat-vegan?xg_source=activity /> This is a link to the guy in the OP's before/after pic. He has since replaced his after photo to one where he's posing in terrible lighting and hiding his gut. You can still see his manboobies and acne though. He even admits his athletic performance is bad now, but justifies it in the name of "pure health."

#57 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Caramel ColorPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 12:37
(0)

hey sailor

CS Original

Everything you ever wanted to know about low carb/high fat (but were too lazy and stupid to look up): http://nuclearfuzzgrunge.com/tlcm/

#58 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 12:38
(0)

CS Original

I was thinking about the food pyramid, not the new one, but the one we're all used to seeing:

And I thought, hey let's fix it:

Much better! Yes, milk and cheese is on there twice!

#59 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 12:47
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

I like the re arranged pyramid much more, it suits my dietry behaviour nicely.

Though I must admit I'm a fan of nice pasta dishes and rice dishes nyom nyom

#60 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]