Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - I used to think drug legalization was a good thing - Page 5

Tags: drug legalization, conspiracy science discusses, skeptic project discusses, Matt loves insulting Ed, Ed is abit out there [ Add Tags ]

This forum thread is currently locked, no new replies or edits can be made.

[ Return to Topic Ritz-Carlton | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:22
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

"The only positive aspects of marijuana use are that it treats symptoms such as pain and nausea."

But don't we have other things that can do that just as well as marijuana can, if not better?

I have to imagine that there's some legitimate reason that some people are assigned medical marijuana instead of other pain killers, I just don't know what it could be.

#121 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:26
(1)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

In my personal experience most of the people who talk about legalization for medical reasons just use it as a shoe-in for total legalization, they're only trying to piggy back on the emotions people have for the suffering. The reality is many don't give a rats ass about them, it's just an arguing point.

There are plenty of other, legal drugs out there that solve the same problems, but they're automatically cast aside simply because they don't fit within the framework of drug legalization. That or it's some sort of "it must be natural" thing, which is based on woo-woo anyway.

#122 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:29
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

I through my weight behind decriminalization to an extent. We of course should not spend our resources incarcerating drug possession offenders to the same extent we do with rapists, murders, or other more directly harmful crimes. However, my position on marijuana is that it not only has no real positives for legalization (and, as I've stated before, the pros of doing so really aren't clear cut) and is a precedent for allowing substance use deliberately intended for immediate mood alteration. Don't get me wrong, the abuse cultures surrounding alcohol need reforming, but to treat alcohol on the same plane as other substances is simply asinine. It ignores custom, history, and function and conflates all abusive behaviors together. Which strangely, sounds exactly like utilitarianism... hm. I'd be in favor of heavy fines and mandatory community service and not incarceration.

#123 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:33
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

@The Real Roxette

I agree 100% with your post.

//I'd be in favor of heavy fines and mandatory community service and not incarceration.//

I think that is a better alternative than jail time.

#124 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:35
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

The people who claim to be champions of AIDS and cancer patients smoking pot are the same ones who want total legalization instead of only decriminalization and federal regulation. Its selfish bullshit and I don't buy it for a second.

#125 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:48
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

Is there any reason why marijuana is assigned in the first place over some other treatment?

#126 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:53
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Hippie doctors.

#127 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:16
(0)

CS Original

For example, I think it's Massachusetts that has a law that if you are caught with less than a certain amount of smoke, you pay a fine and it gets confiscated. If you are caught with large amounts, they take you in.

That's the way I think we should be treating the issue. Putting someone in jail because they smoke pot doesn't guarantee that they'll stop once they get out.

The ones who deal pot are the ones that should face the stiffer punishments.

That's one thing about San Francisco that makes me sick. You can't go certain places without someone blowing their pot smoke all over your face.

#128 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:24
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

That's because of all them damn hippie doctors in San Francisco, like this one:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7792/michaelsavage.jpg" />

#129 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:38
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

CS Original

@ Matt

"Laws exist because people do not exhibit enough personal responsibility and rational behavior to not need them. I see no difference in the case of drugs. Step outside your little bubble of what you want and what you like and you'd figure it out."

I agree people are just not educated but should we create laws for stupid people or just let them kill themselves off with drugs? I'm all for saving people but i for one cannot save someone that doesn't want to be saved if you catch me on this and if the want to do drugs then by all means don't let me stop you.

Laws begin to fail at the federal and state levels when the dictate such stadards at the local level. No one law can embody everybody therefore I think it be best to leave such things up to the local law, such as drugs, and not the state and federal pound me in the ass prisons. I'm sure Muertos may chime in as to why that is and frankly I don't care why that is I'm using logic and reason of what should happen in my opinion. For instance if a local town legalizes pot in there area then so be it, if another town frowns upon it then so be it, it works it's simple everybody is good.

#130 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:42
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

How do you keep pot in the legalized town from entering the next town which may still deem it illegal?

#131 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:47
(0)

CS Original

@Matt good question. I guess the way we do it now would work. Example prostitution is illegal in all states but Nevada (I think). Prostitution still occurs in all the states even though it's illegal and at that if a person is caught doing this in other states other than Nevada it is illegal and they will pay by being process in the court of law unless in Nevada.

#132 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:50
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

You can't export pussy by wrapping it in duct tape and putting in your door panel.

#133 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 20:54
(0)

CS Original

@Matt true, and another example would be alcohol. If you go to Canada it's 18-19 (depending on location), and in america it's 21 years of age. if you get caught drinking in american if your 19 then you pay the price if you get caught drinking in Canada then your perfectly fine. Since Canada hits a lot of US state borders it wouldn't be surprising to see a trend between the age of 18-20 from the U.S. traveling to Canada to drink if for some reason they can't manage to score a drink down in the U.S. (which would be surprising considering the states in the U.S. that are on the border of Canada.)

Also consider that fact I live in Ohio. I've been to canada a few times I know how easy it is to get up there.

Legal Drinking Age in Canada

http://canadaonline.about.com/od/canadianlaw/g/drinkingage.htm

#134 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:00
(0)

CS Original

Billll I thought things like that just proved how retarded the State system was.

#135 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:04
(0)

CS Original

@The Real Roxette not sure what you mean? Do you mean the concept of a state should be abolished and we should have one centralized government?

#136 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:05
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I just think the issue is a lot more complex than "legalize it."

#137 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:07
(0)

CS Original

@Matt I agree, in complexity comes simplicity

#138 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:08
(0)

CS Original

Billll I mean the logic, for example of having the minimum age of tobacco use in one state as 18, in another is 19, in another is 21. Last month, if a guy over 18 wanted to have sex with me in California, it would have been illegal, but if we would have went across the border into Nevada it would have been legal. This shit makes no sense, especially when the punishments are serious, like with sex offenses, drug crimes, etc.

#139 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:08
(0)

CS Original

//You can't export pussy by wrapping it in duct tape and putting in your door panel.//

But man if we could!

#140 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:10
(0)

CS Original

//You can't export pussy by wrapping it in duct tape and putting in your door panel.//

@Kepp and Matt with the Venus project all things are possible!

#141 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:15
(0)

CS Original

@The Real Roxette I understand, yeah it's pretty weird I agree. And what you mention about tobacco and sex offences can lead to pound me ass federal/state prisons. Anyways would that be suggesting you'd like something like a state unification or were you just pointing out how odd state law is?

#142 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
GenogzaPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 22:38
(0)

Life's Too Short

Level: 1
CS Original

----For example, I think it's Massachusetts that has a law that if you are caught with less than a certain amount of smoke, you pay a fine and it gets confiscated. If you are caught with large amounts, they take you in.----

Yeah, it's under an ounce. They really don't take it too seriously either. Most of the time they just take it and tell you to go on your way with no fine.

#143 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 22:49
(0)

CS Original

Matt, you may consider yourself left of center. But I bet anything I own that if you lived here for a month, you'd have to pop half a bottle of aspirin every day just to deal with the hippie lunacy.

Same goes for a lot of you.

#144 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Dec 28, 2010 - 23:27
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I've lived on the west coast. I hated it. I chose to live in Oklahoma.

#145 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Dec 29, 2010 - 00:42
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

@ Snob Goblin,

Are you suggesting that there actually is hippie lunacy, or are you suggesting there aren't real liberals here? Either way, some qualification on the statement is required.

#146 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Dec 29, 2010 - 03:13
(0)

CS Original

Actual hippie lunacy, completely up their own collective ass with irrational green party politics that makes me want to put my head through a wall.

#147 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 09:29
(0)

:')

(edit, nevermind, crazy thread!)
#148 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 09:48
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
lol zombie thread
#149 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 11:38
(0)

:')

Obviously the thread lock does not seem to work... lol
#150 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]