Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - The UN and the Occult...how to explain these things

Tags: to do, NWO [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 00:21
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

I've been wanting to disbelieve these conspiracy theories about the NWO...but I keep finding more information that seems to be supporting conspiracy theories than pages debunking them (there are so few sites on debunking CTs).

Anyway, it seems the UN has been into some rather alarming things (at least by my standards...I still believe in some parts of Christianity).

Please read these and tell me you don't think there's at least something strange going on:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0JZS/is_22_17/ai_n25037153/</p>

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_un05.htm</p>

Why is there pagan imagery of the god Pan in their meditation room? That's really strange and I can't think of any good reason for it. And why is the Lucis Trust (formerly called Lucifer Publishing Company) affiliated with the UN? They've also had a channeler present at more than one meeting (Kryon was at more than one SEAT meeting at the UN), etc.

Is the New Age just some gigantic conspiracy?

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 00:31
(0)

CS Original
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 00:41
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

About why images of "pagan" gods are used, you need to realise that non christian gods are only evil in the eyes of Christians. Roman and Greek gods are commonly used as symbolism as it was the Roman and Greek civilizations that preceded Europe as we know it today.

It's not like anyone is worshipping these gods, they are just using images of them (which i guess is 'idolatry' to christians)

The god 'Pan' usually represents nature and was a significant figure in the Romantic movement in Europe. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism.</p>

I found something about the 'Lucifer Trust' here: http://lucistrust.org/en/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_of_lucifer

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 00:42
(0)

CS Original

On the Lucis Trust (from Wikipedia):

'The objectives of the Lucis Trust as stated in its charter are: "To encourage the study of comparative religion, philosophy, science and art; to encourage every line of thought tending to the broadening of human sympathies and interests, and the expansion of ethical religious and educational literature; to assist or to engage in activities for the relief of suffering and for human betterment; and, in general, to further worthy efforts for humanitarian and educational ends.'

Does this really sound bad? Infact alot of it fits in with the UN's purpose. And from what I can tell it is recognized by the UN as an NGO (as with alot of other groups).

Also where is the proof that a new age channeler was present at a UN meeting? (Not conspiracy sites, actual credible proof)

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 06:56
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

Ez should write articles and become a contributor.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 08:28
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

Yeah, the UN gets tied to the Lucis Trust and therefore the new world order agenda some strange idea like that. Somehow the Lucis Trust (which has an emphasis on philosophical/political/spiritual peace and unity) gets painted as this evil organisation out to kill off most of the human race. Somehow. It's so crazy.

I've worked with them. Lovely organisation to work with.

In her "unfinished autobiography" Alice Bailey talks about her belief in, love for and faith in "the Christ." I bet none of the crazies acknowledge her thoughts on Jesus. #fail

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 08:48
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

"#fail"

Brenton, this isn't Twitter bro.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
SkyPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 09:18
(0)

CS Original

Alice Bailey was a huge racist.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 10:00
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

http://www.pinenet.com/~rooster/bailey.html

What a nasty woman.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 12:00
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original

The Lucis Trust is linked to Theosophy but as you can see from the list that I have linked it is just one of many ngo that are connected to the UN. But other gruops are asoiated with such as the Red Cross and the Rotery International.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucis_Trust<br /> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophy<br /> http://lucistrust.org/en/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_of_lucifer<br /> http://www.un.org/esa/coordination/ngo/pdf/INF_List.pdf<br /> P.S. Been look at this and the internet; the people that are really pushing this one appears to be Endtime nuts.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:28
(0)

CS Original

Thank you for your replies. I've been doing some research as well as reading your posts and I feel a bit better about some things. I'm still a bit disturbed by the following quote: "a new world order requires a sense of moral obligation.... We need a spiritual catalyst to bring about change," said Samuel Insanally, a former president of the UN General Assembly.

By the way, Ez really should right articles and become a contributor, as Wolf Bird said

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:28
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Do you even know if that quote is real?

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:31
(0)

CS Original

I'm trying to find sources for the quote. But I do know the UN has used the phrase "new world order.":

http://www.un.int/wcm/content/site/guyana/cache/offonce/pid/3591;jsessionid=2DB99E79C185218689FD24E050CDEB10

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:33
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

That's not what I asked.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:34
(0)

CS Original

I've found information about the channeler being present at the the UN's Society for Enlightenment and Transformation...on non-CT websites. But not necessarily on a UN website.

I'm looking for a source for the quote. I admit it could potentially be a fake quote

If it does turn out to be a real quote, I guess there is a non CT way of looking at it, too. I found out "new world order" is just a sort of political phrase. And just because he desires a spiritual catalyst, I guess it doesn't mean the UN is planning to create one.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:37
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Well, you should probably find out the accuracy of a quote before getting disturbed by it. Because chances are, its fake.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:44
(0)

CS Original

Haven't found a source. The quote just may be fake. The UN does seem to like using the term new world order a lot, though. Maybe people should realize that it's just a political phrase.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:47
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Its probably a fake quote, the Internet is crawling with them but it never seems to stop people from repeating them unfortunately.

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:50
(0)

CS Original

I'm understanding more these days that CTs don't seem to check their facts. They still use Leo Taxil quotes to support the "theories", and yet, he confessed that it was an elaborate hoax, and explained in detail.

And I found out the stained glass window with the god Pan was made for them by Chagall, as a gift. It had different images and not just the god Pan (and it might not even be Pan, but a Faun) I somehow don't think Chagall was part of a conspiracy...although, I wouldn't be surprised if people made stuff up about him. I think it really was just romanticism.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:51
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

CTs would just claim that "they" got to Taxil and made him say that.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:55
(0)

CS Original

Thankfully, I've read enough on the Taxil hoax to know that it just wouldn't add up for him to have been forced into saying that.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:56
(0)

CS Original

Thanks, guys. This site is helping me to think a lot more critically than I used to.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 15:59
(0)

CS Original

Oh, my. And there's this quote: "The entrance to the Meditation room at U.N. headquarters in New York is 33 feet long and eighteen feet wide (6 + 6 + 6 = 18)!"

It doesn't add up to that unless you divide the number, which doesn't even make sense to do *headdesk*.

Oops...sorry about the triple post

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 16:00
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

CTs love numerology, which is nothing but apophenia.

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 16:04
(0)

CS Original

Why do people think the phrase new world order = conspiracy?

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 16:05
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Because they're paranoid and/or crazy.

There's nothing deeper than that.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 16:08
(0)

CS Original

I searched and searched and I still couldn't find a non CT source for the quote. I suppose it was made up. I wonder why someone would invent it?

The only explanation I can think of that might still make it a real quote is that the source for it is a video or something. But that seems so unlikely. I can't imagine the conspiracy theorists not posting it everywhere if they had "evidence" like that. And even then, the quote still wouldn't be evidence of a conspiracy, when I really think about it.

By the way, even Wikipedia has sources for it being a political phrase: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_(politics)

Thanks again, for having patience with me. I get many anxiety attacks

#27 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 16:11
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"I wonder why someone would invent it?"

Because they're crazy.

You really give lunatics too much credit.

#28 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 16:30
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

"I wonder why someone would invent it?"

Because many CTers spend hundreds of hours going through this shit, so they've bought into this nonsense as much as you can.

If one little fake quote gets the "sheeple" to "wake up", by their logic it's justified, isn't it?

It's always sensible to look at one's motives - if admitting they're wrong would mean that they've wasted years of their lives, it's usually useless to even start a discussion, they'll distort the facts as they go along. You can only hope to win over some of the audience, if there is any.

#29 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
QuestionmarkPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 17:06
(0)

CS Original

I recently read that hundreds of heads of state were involved in the new age. And yet, no evidence cited. I suppose some people will believe anything whether there is evidence presented or not. And I've also seen the phrase "lying for Jesus." I wonder if something similar happens with CTs

CyborgJesus, thanks for shedding some light on the way those people think.

#30 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]