Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - What type of woo makes you rage? - Page 2

Tags: woo, RAGE [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 18:30
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

What the hell is an "Angel Shop?"

#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 18:32
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

I believe that's where Victoria's Secret models get repaired.

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 18:33
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

^LOL

#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Senor DingdongPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 18:46
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

Haha,I wish.

What it says on the tin compadre, shops where you can purchase angels and their powers to help you cure disease & afflictions, quit smoking, ..help you find a parking space in the city centre etc. Everything under the sun.

Unfortunately for one of my local angel shops, their budget angel was taking a divine dump when they went bankrupt.

#34 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 19:05
(0)

CS Original

Roxette - Good one. XD

Senor - That's what I mean. I had a friend who considered himself "psychic" and a tarot reader, he frequented all these MAGICK shops and was militantly into paganistic, Harry Potter bullshit. He bought all these candles and potions that were supposed to improve his love life, financial situation, et cetera.

Last I heard, he's about to be 32, still lives at home, has worked maybe six months in the last five years, hits on women just out of high school, and is surely descending into madness according to his sis.

It's sad to say the least, because all this woo has totally capitalized on his gullibility and desperation.

#35 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Senor DingdongPosted: Jan 15, 2011 - 21:57
(0)

CS Original

^ It's a disgrace that these charlatans are allowed to stay in business.

Here's another bunch of vile oppertunists who prey on vulnerable people: mediums.

#36 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
GenogzaPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 01:21
(0)

Life's Too Short

CS Original

Wow, after reading this topic, you would almost get the idea that most of you live most of your days full of rage. Especially considering your common every day people believe in this woo, that woo or the other woo in our daily lives. On the radio, on tv, at your barbershop, at the convenience store, at the bar, etc.

I don't think much of it bugs me, really. It's the society we live in, and people are always going to believe in something that others don't, so I'm just numb to most of it.

That being said, the only "woo" that ever really makes me rage is racism, misplaced racism, or false claims of racism.

#37 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 07:50
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

"That being said, the only "woo" that ever really makes me rage is racism, misplaced racism, or false claims of racism."

Those are just as common as any other type of woo.

#38 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 16:18
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Ahh, racism...I didn't even consider that. I'm going to add hating any group of people just because they are that group of people. There's a guy on another forum I'm on who likes to post rants and other crap against Muslims. I also know he's a birther.

#39 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 16:28
(0)

CS Original

Genogza is right, in fairness. I am a rageaholic when it comes to woo.

#40 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 07:45
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

Oh, one last mention...

The CTs about AmeriCorps being Obama's personal army make me RAAAAAGE! Those CTs are FULL of quotes and text from the Ted Kennedy Serve America Act taken completely out of context, and some of the crap the CTers scream about was taken out of the final bill anyway. I'm currently serving in AmeriCorps and the program is completely benign. All it does is fund people to do full or part time community service at non-profits around the US. Unless community service is evil somehow.

Oh wait, it is, according to some CTers.

#41 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:19
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

"There's a guy on another forum I'm on who likes to post rants and other crap against Muslims. I also know he's a birther."

Is he also one of those "OMG OBAMAS A MUSLIM AND WILL GIVE US SHARIA LAW" people?

#42 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:23
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

He hasn't posted anything to that effect. However, I know he's at WND and it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks that.

#43 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:24
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
#44 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:31
(0)

I shoot you dead.

CS Original

*rages.*

#45 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Jan 22, 2011 - 19:43
(0)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

CS Original

1. End of the World/Armageddon/WWIII/2012 bull...

2. Ghosts, demons, hauntings, possessions, etc...

3. So-called predictions from the likes of Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and the Mayans, among others.

4. Biblical literalism...

5. There is a few more, I am sure...

#46 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 22, 2011 - 19:46
(0)

CS Original

"Ghosts, demons, hauntings, possessions, etc..."

Can't believe I forgot about that...

#47 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]