Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Need Input: So I was Thinking about Conducting SP.com Meetings on a Weekly Bases.

idea good or bad?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 11, 2014 - 11:02
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
Hey, so I wanted to get more involved with SP.com website. I was thinking we may want to have a weekly maybe monthly SP.com meeting not pertaining to SP FB (though I don't mind and encourage FB SP regulars join in as well if they want to). I was talking to Roxy for a bit, and she seems ok with me doing this.

So I think I'd like a way for SP.com regulars to have a say on who joins the site and who does not. Also if the people putting in the applications to SP.com want to explain why they want to join or even defend themsevles during the meeting, what the potential applicant said would be taken into consideration as well. I suppose I could have a e-mail correspondence with the potential applicant/s to see where they are coming from and show the correspondence during the meeting as well.

That would be something I'd like to do in the possible SP.com meetings. What about anybody else? Any thoughts if we should even have meetings or are you content with how SP.com is now? I have a bit more thoughts on this but I want to see if anybody else has any suggestions before I put down my thoughts on it. I'll keep this up for two weeks before I add to this (April 25, 2014,on a Friday).
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: Apr 19, 2014 - 08:32
(0)

:')

Yeah, I guess It could be pretty interesting. I pretty much agree with everything you said, except how would we all meet?

Skype group chat? IRC? Facebook? Twitter? There are many possibilities.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 19, 2014 - 10:41
(0)

CS Original
Quote from Clock

Yeah, I guess It could be pretty interesting. I pretty much agree with everything you said, except how would we all meet?

Skype group chat? IRC? Facebook? Twitter? There are many possibilities.

I was thinking irc chat. I could create a channel on a freenod server. I think IRC would be the best choice mainly because it's pretty open and the simplest for everybody to connect to. If you or anybody else has another communication platform don't be shy to bring it up in this topic. I was thinking paltalk being a good communication medium as well as it has a pretty nice talking platform.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
LockePosted: Apr 19, 2014 - 21:11
(0)

Level: 0
Video chat, or text chat?
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 19, 2014 - 22:33
(0)

CS Original
@Locke irc istext chat, and paltalk is a voice chat mainly but it does have video capability.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
LockePosted: Apr 19, 2014 - 23:13
(0)

Level: 0
Got ya
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Apr 25, 2014 - 11:37
(0)

CS Original
It's been around two week since I started this topic. I think we're on agreement to starts this meeting thing at least from the few who posted here. I got a lot of input but can always have more. So I'm going to start up a IRC for SP.com again on some server. It's fairly easy to do however but I have been really busy so it may take me sometime to do. When I do I'll post it up here.

IRC is not the endall platform if you guys can think of another communication platform besides IRC that would be cool. I think IRC has been around the longest and therefore there are many ways to connect to it.

In the meantime the question of how often we should meet on irc for these meetings among other things come into question. Should this be a bi-monthly thing? Once a month? weekly?
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: May 07, 2014 - 20:48
(0)

CS Original
Setup a IRC channel. This server seems ok for now. Two ways to connect to irc server one is

server: irc.mibbit.net
channel: #spp

Type into irc client this
/server -m irc.mibbit.net -j #spp

or click link to access webclient below.
http://widget02.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&nick=SP%3F%3F%3F&channel=%23spp&settings=c76462e5055bace06e32d325963b39f2

Other than setting up meetings I'll probably come up with a time that's most convenient for SP.com regulars through asking them. Been busy here but I'll get it done. Not much to irc.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ClockPosted: May 12, 2014 - 11:14
(0)

:')

Alright, I'm back as well. I was quite busy myself for the past weeks... should we advertise this on SP Facebook?
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: May 12, 2014 - 17:49
(0)

CS Original
Quote from Clock

Alright, I'm back as well. I was quite busy myself for the past weeks... should we advertise this on SP Facebook?

This is more for the SP.com front site regulars than the FB SP members. For these types of meetings that involve mostly the front of SP.com (so far) and not really anything to do with SP FB the people who carry the most weight would be the people who are actually active on the front of SP.com.

So if you advertise on SP FB to go to a SP.com IRC meeting as far as the member base would be equal to that as to advertising on metabunks.com member base. As of now the intent of the IRC is not intended for the FB SP cohort but rather the SP.com cohort (could change). At that I'm still figuring out IRC still so it'll give me time to test things out.

In the meantime I wanted to figure out a day/time that is convenient for everybody as to when to conduct the meeting. So in this topic anybody wishing to attend the meeting should post a day/time when they would be available to attend the meeting. Then based on that information I can schedule the meeting on a day/time where the probability of SP.com front site members actually attending the meeting is at its highest. Also if you are posting day/time in this topic please convert your local time to UTC standard, as we may not all be in the same time zone I want everything to be as easy to figure out as possible when scheduling this meeting and meetings in the future. Based or not based on the information I will post the first scheduled meet on May 31, 2014.

So for me this is my availability.

Mon 2300 UTC - 0:00 UTC
Tues 2300 UTC - 0:00 UTC
Weds 2300 UTC - 0:00 UTC
Thurs 2300 UTC - 0:00 UTC
Fri 2300 UTC - 0:00 UTC
Sat 19:00 UTC - 0:00 UTC
Sun 19:00 UTC - 0:00 UTC

Here is a website that effortlessly converts your local time to UTC. On the website go to the bottom to find out your own time zone.
http://www.timebie.com/timezone/utcpdt.php
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: May 31, 2014 - 19:34
(0)

CS Original
I've decided for now all SP.com meetings for now will be held on IRC, once permonth, the second Thursday in every month, for 1 hour between 1100pm UTC (6:00pm est) to 1200am UTC (7:00 pm est).

Therefore next SP.com meeting will be on June 12, 2014 (On a Thursday) at 1100 UTC (6pm est) and lasts about 1 hour long. If I'm unable to make it to a meeting I will either reschedule, allow someone else to host meeting or cancel meeting. Any changes to a regular scheduled meeting will be posted on skepticproject.com and my twitter at https://twitter.com/TVPMovieTracker (twitter also connected to my facebook) .

The meeting will discuss about potential applicants to SP.com and to either yah or nay them. The applicants also have a chance during this time to present why they should be able to join. After this We can have a open discussion on adding/changing anything for future meetings.

SP.com IRC server information. Two ways to connect to irc server to attend the meeting.

server: irc.mibbit.net
channel: #spp

Type into irc client this
/server -m irc.mibbit.net -j #spp

or click link to access webclient below.
http://widget02.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&nick=SP%3F%3F%3F&channel=%23spp&settings=c76462e5055bace06e32d325963b39f2
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jun 12, 2014 - 16:07
(0)

CS Original
SP.com meeting 6pm est 1100 UTC
#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]