Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Satan in America

A Book I read

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Books | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Nov 19, 2011 - 14:44
(1)

Level: 8
CS Original
I one of my college class I read a book titled Satan in America. It is basically a historic profile of how the image of Satan has changed through American history. It was an interesting read. Two things that were of interest were that the whole Illuminati scare started during the election of Thomas Jefferson because many New England ministers thought that Jefferson was part of it. Their fear was that Jefferson was going to turn churches into "Temples of Reason" and that all the bibles would be thrown into bon fires. The other thing was talking about the 1980's "satanic panic" in which people actually believed that there was a worldwide satanic conspiracy going on. Oddly enough the 1770's Illuminati scare and the 1980's "satanic panic" sounds exactly alike and sound just like what Alex Jones, VC and David Icke are saying today. Anyways have any of ever read this book. If not I highly recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Satan-America-Devil-We-Know/dp/0742561712
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Nov 19, 2011 - 17:27
(0)

Level: 0
This sounds interesting. I think I'll give this a shot
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Nov 19, 2011 - 23:02
(0)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

Level: 1
CS Original
One of those books that would probably cause conservative Christians to chant "THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHY SOCIETY IS FALLING APART!!!"

Gotta read this someday.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]