Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Conspiracy Science Fiction?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Comedy Can | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 04, 2010 - 20:30
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

Okay, I admit that this topic is related to conspiracy theories only tangentially, but it IS related.

So, when I'm not reading or teaching history, or debunking conspiracy theories, I'm a writer. I have published a couple of books, most of them in the science fiction genre. Just this week, an e-book version of my 2006 novel "Life Without Giamotti" came out, available on the publisher's (Lulu) website. If you have an e-book reader you can get it here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/life-without-giamotti/11179131</p>

The book was published in print form 4 years ago (available on major online retailers such as Amazon, here http://www.amazon.com/Life-Without-Giamotti-Sean-Munger/dp/1847281427/) but has just come out in an e-version.

The book is not about conspiracy theories per se, but there is a subplot involving conspiracy theorists (especially of the UFO/Area 51 stripe), and a crucial plot point involves a conspiracy theorist who decides to assassinate one of his perceived enemies. Also at the very end there's some play-in to JFK conspiracy theories. Since I wrote the book in 2005/06 I've become a much more hard-core debunker, and it's kind of curious to go back and re-read it and see where I was, mentally, at that point in time.

This topic is little more than a shameless whore for my book, but you have to give me credit for at least attempting to explain why it's relevant to this forum!

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jun 04, 2010 - 20:36
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

ah so you do have e-book versions. ;)

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
GenogzaPosted: Jun 05, 2010 - 22:20
(0)

Life's Too Short

Level: 1
CS Original

Ah, this is right up my alley. I love this kinda stuff, and am actually interested. Right now I'm working on a screenplay that's kind of leaning into conspiracy sci-fi. I've always felt the sci-fi route gives you a lot more to play with when creating a story.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jun 06, 2010 - 00:43
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

Is "Beowulf is Boring" like "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies"?

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 06, 2010 - 11:19
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

@ Sil: yeah, it is a little bit like that. Sort of a comedy riff on the old Beowulf legend.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]