Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Fetus Called to Testify in Court

Tags: WTF? [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to News | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Mar 08, 2011 - 12:55
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Janet Folger Porter, president of anti-abortion group Faith2Action, has called a 9-week-old fetus to testify before Ohio's House Health Committee in favor of legislation that would outlaw abortions after the first heartbeat can be medically detected. We have many questions about this.

To start...What's the appropriate attire for a fetus in court? How does the fetus put its itty-bitty un-formed hand on the Bible and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? If the fetus kicks, does that constitute disrespect? If the judge yells "order in the court!" will the fetus understand? Does this mean that anything with a heartbeat can testify in court? And...last but not least...how will this all play on Law and Order?

Porter says her intent in bringing a fetus -- note, the youngest-ever legislative witness (this is one for the Guinness Book!) -- before the committee so that its heartbeat can be visible on an ultrasound is to "show lawmakers who will be affected by the bill." The mother, apparently, was too obvious.

Abortion rights groups oppose the bill, and Ohio Right to Life has not endorsed it.
Somewhat ironically, the fetus has not been asked for its opinion on the matter.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/03/fetus_called_to.php

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Mar 08, 2011 - 14:53
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

Anyone else expecting the onion?

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Mar 08, 2011 - 19:34
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

I was.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
ChrisPosted: Mar 08, 2011 - 20:14