Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - VTV should read this - TZM moderator behaviour guidelines

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Apr 05, 2010 - 16:11
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original

This was posted in their public moderator section then moved into their private moderator section:

"Hello everyone this is AH3 I am the State Coordinator for the Indiana Chapter for the

USA. Monetary System Mod and TS3 admin, as my time before and during as part of the ZM

Moderation Team, I have be noticing of how we deal with trolls and people who decide

leave, split off to form a new group, movement or whatever. This has nothing do with

whether we should ban people or not. Make me make that perfectly clear before I continue.

Disrespectful Trolls who cannot comply with our warnings will be banned. I am not

requesting that we stop banning people, however can do it in more respectful, peaceful

and professional manner with dealing with aggressive people attacking the movement,

members, mods etc

From what I am witnessing and I am guilty of doing this myself. We have been very

unprofessional about how we deal with aggressive, difficult members who disagree of how

we are conducting matters within the Movement. Have seen many moderators and even Global

Moderators expressing their emotions with people who leave, disagree, make personal

attacks etc towards movement, I am not naming anyone, you know who you are.

I have heard and seen in written form of Moderators and Global Mods of the following

Expressing their frustration using strong slang cuss words around regular members in the

ZM

Arguing or debating for long period of time over just one troll who is causing trouble

Complaining or gossiping about other members, trolls or other mods openly in personal

manner

I have done some these things as well of what I listed, even before I became a Moderator

as which I am still new to the Moderation Team but been in the Movement long enough to

witness how the Moderation team deals with members. At times we can be very

unprofessional and take things too personally.

I understand how you can get emotional, upset, have zero tolerance for things, however we

can improve on our behavior, keep to ourselves, vent privately in the Mod channels of the

TS3, which we have been doing in some occasions but we also do it in public channels and

meetings, which is not necessary, it is bad for our image, as I like to say bad PR.

We must be professional so new members will not be scared away with our problems, seeing

mods going crazy over any issue that prevents itself within the movement does not bold

well at all. First impressions are everything when dealing with new members and those who

are trying understand what the Movement and Venus Project is about.

I have one other moderator that agreed with me of this matter, FusionHalo and I am

seeking other mods to understand and support what I am saying, that we must conduct

ourselves more better and professionally to try maintain a good social environment for

the members. A social environment with people leaving the movement, long debates, heated

personal agreements, gossiping about each other, name calling etc is not a good social

environment. We cannot expect all members to behave professional, but moderators should

put themselves at professional standard of behavior towards others. Even if a member

attacks your personally, makes a personal attack against Peter, Jacque who ever. It does

not make you any better putting yourself on their level making a harsh personal attack

against them.

You inform them of the rule that they have broken, provide a clear warning or notice of

ban if the comment they made is so bad and harsh that you cannot allow them another

chance to make one again. Do it in a professional manner, deal with it quick and end it

quick. We cannot waste our time with trolls, debating about split off groups etc. Deal

with it when it arises and move on quickly to other matters that need attention.

I have more to say and can explain myself better, but I will stop here for now…before I

ramble on further lol. This is simply a request for all mods and admins to conduct

themselves more professionally, I will start doing this as well. Not letting my emotions

get the best of me in front of members, that does not look good period. I do not care if

is irrelevant or whatever spin you put on it to justify the unprofessional behavior . It

looks bad!

"

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Apr 05, 2010 - 16:11
(0)

CS Original

tanktop then replied with the following:

I agree with you AH3. There are many times when moderators have engaged in behaviour

which is less than ideal. The problem I have is that there are too many people who do not

respect the decisions of the moderators, and too many people who do not understand the

issues involved who feel obligated to intervene. This causes those moderators involved to

feel that they are being attacked, when they are simply doing their best to try to keep

conversation within the rules.

Almost without fail, when we have these discussions, people defend the right of those who

are breaking the rules, but few defend the rights of the people that are being

victimized.

We have organized groups of people, on at least two web sites (one centered around

fundamentalist religious views, and one centered around freedom of (hate) speech). These

groups are actively attacking us on a daily basis. Their tactics include spreading

disinformation (falsified logs, for example), creating multiple accounts to create an

illusion of dissent, harassing and intimidating people they disagree with, and more.

When someone calls you a faggot and threatens you physically, and another moderator

defends their right to do so, I think it's understandable that you might get upset. When

this person engages in an organized campaign of lies that results in splitting off

several key developers to another group, because of their naive belief that moderators

are somehow violating this person's free speech, it's understandable that you might get

upset.

Fusion, Lukas, DNS, and several others are in daily communication with people who are

mentally unstable, obsessed with attacking various people here, and they to varying

degrees are unable to discern that they are being manipulated. These manipulating people

are ones whom we have demonstrated have records going back years, both online and in

their personal lives, and who have personally threatened numerous people here. It's

understandable that when one of these people returns with a new account, people might get

upset.

Furtunately, from what I know regarding Lukas, DNS, and Fusion, each of them is a person

if high integrity, and despite their leaving admin and mod positions (and in Fusion's

case returning), they haev behaved responsibly and honorably. However, the actions of

some others who have left, or are leaving, have not been as responsible. Some people have

used their former access here to post private information about others. Others threaten

to do so. It's understandable that people might get upset.

There is a difference between someone wanting to start an independent project, to work on

open source software, for example, and someone starting an independent project whose

primary purpose seems to be to disrupt what we are trying to do here. When these

independent projects and chapters are focused on disrupting our work, it's understandable

that people might get upset.

And so while I agree with you, I think that the focus should be on assisting and

supporting these volunteer moderators in doing their work, rather than criticising them.

If someone, who is a moderator, and who has been repeatedly harassed and threatened,

encounters one who has victimized them, and then finds others here unwilling to support

their actions to prevent further harassment, it's understandable that they might be

upset. People here need to FIRST SUPPORT THOSE WHO ARE MODERATING, and THEN, after they

have supported them, investigate and try to improve. Until we have a supportive

environment conducive to work, I think it will be hard for those who moderate to be

"professional." Let's help them.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Apr 05, 2010 - 16:25
(0)

CS Original

Theres all kinds of 'drama' in that piddley group. Funny stuff and very entertaining reading.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]