Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Dead Space

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Video Games | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 09:16
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

Okay, granted conspiracy theories are not major in this series, but religion is HUGE.

"In the distant future, humanity has colonized worlds beyond Earth's solar system. Two-hundred years prior, a man named Michael Altman discovered an artifact of unknown origin (known as "the marker") which led him to begin a new religion - Unitology - that supposedly taught the truth about human existence. Altman was later killed, allegedly by the government, in an attempt to silence the truth - however, the veracity of this account has yet to be confirmed. In present time, a new marker has been discovered on another colony and strange things have been happening amongst the colonists. The comics start off with Neumann making a video log about what happens in the comic, but the comic drifts away from Neumann's point of view occasionally and feature events that Neumann is not present at."

Animated Comic book prequel: Issue one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZ6v5jRFKQ

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
oreolvrsPosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 11:51
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

say the movie set before the game(Mildly entertaining) and watched about half of the game on youtube but lost interest..and the guy who was uploading the story stopped at that point.Never played the game itself

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 14:32
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

I had to make my girlfriend sit with me whenever I played Resident Evil 4... I don't think I'll be able to make it through Dead Space.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 18:39
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Dead Space is a lot like Resident Evil 4 with one difference...

It's scary :D

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AltonPosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 19:19
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

I saw a preview for that Dead Space 2 game and it looks pretty intense. I will definitely look towards buying it when it releases. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BM4m1lu0RM&feature=channel

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 20:08
(0)

CS Original

"Dead Space is a lot like Resident Evil 4 with one difference...

It's scary :D "

My point exactly. I couldn't really handle the barely scary survival horror games... no way I'll be able to do the more intense ones.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 20:16
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Why do you make your girlfriend sit through video games with you?

LOL, I remember when I was playing the Dead Space demo while my girlfriend watching, she was trying distract me with kisses.
It was strange kissing my girlfriend while having blood of former religious dudes fly all over the screen using the Ripper Saw.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jul 17, 2010 - 20:55
(0)

CS Original

"Why do you make your girlfriend sit through video games with you?"

Because I'm too scared to play them alone! At least the scary ones. She just goes on her computer or does something else in the room. It just helps to have a warm body in close proximity.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
IssueCannonPosted: Jul 18, 2010 - 14:44
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

I love the game, it's got some of the best game mechanics i've seen in any game, the one thing that bugged me was that the store was accessible by anyone, and they sold Pulse rifles....................it doesn't make sense.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jul 18, 2010 - 14:54
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Yes it does, because not everyone can shoot a gun well, and they didn't realize how to effectively kill the Necromorphs.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]