Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Stefan Molynuex is a Cult Leader.

I think this is going to be a new project for me; taking down an internet cult.

Tags: FDR, Free domain radio, Freedomainradio, stefan molynuex, Edmund Burke, molyneux revealed [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Dec 06, 2012 - 16:42
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
OK; so a brief summary oh my history with FreeDomainRadio (FDR from here on) and Stefan Molynuex (Stef from here on.) I was a follower of his on YouTube only. Never caught his podcasts, Sunday Shows...etc. just YouTube. He started delving into tabula rasa psychology, no-spank child raising, psychiatry denialism, and there were rumors of him telling his fans to disconnect from their families and that's when I got off the boat. I just came back to see what he was doing a year later and was shocked. Granted some of this is old news, I was just not aware of it. He doesn't post a lot of the cult aspects on the YouTube channel because cults are like jawbreakers. The sweet good stuff on the outside, it's the core that gets sour. Like I said; I only ever watched his YouTube videos.

They have a cult word. Cults usually like to invent or redefine words and they've picked this up and ran with it. 'deFOO' and 'FOO' are the only ones I've seen yet but it's definitions is disturbing. "FOO" is an acronym for "family of origin." Departing the Family Of Origin. So your mom and dad spanked you? Well that's the reason you get upset with them, that's why you like(d) the government(because government is violence,) and they are the reason you have depression, anxiety...etc.
http://board.freedomainradio.com/forums/p/15871/130753.aspx
http://board.freedomainradio.com/forums/p/26956/208877.aspx

There's an anonymous story (could be fake but it's consistant with many disconnect stories from other cults) where one of his followers disconnected himself from all of his friends and family and became homeless. Shortly after he committed suicide.
http://www.molyneuxrevealed.com/2012/06/suicide-caused-by-stefan-molyneux-and.html
(i have a feeling it's relating to the 'overmyhead' thread I posted above)

So for a while I'll be looking more into this and posting my findings and see how deep this rabbit hole goes.
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Dec 07, 2012 - 05:28
(1)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
I can't wait to see what you come up with, I've watched a lot of his youtube videos too and i did notice he gets a little, way into the tabula rasa stuff
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Dec 07, 2012 - 07:07
(0)

Brainwashing you for money

Level: 15
CS Original
http://www.molyneuxrevealed.com/2012/06/suicide-caused-by-stefan-molyneux-and.html

If you read the original posters comments about disbelief in evolution, and belief in creationism [contained in the original post and subsequent comments down the page]. Then look at how they consider atheists as religious too, you can pretty much boil down that the original poster Edmund is a creationist crank.

My thoughts on this are the following:

It is likely this is the heart of his problem, and the child/person who defood probably found the whole religion thing overbearing and too fucking stupid to believe, it is likely this reason why they moved over into a cult. Religious people when deprogramming themselves always tend to fall into other social groups or religions as a lifeline when breaking free from their religion. Falling into a cult like Stefans is fairly standard, just take a look at all the other cults mentioned on this board, their members are likely made up of religious or ex religious people trying to find something new to save them from their loss of faith. We all know that most religious people and cult members lack critical thinking skills and sound reasoning abilities, and particularly misunderstand the scientific method.

So it is my opinion that the original poster probably drove his kid nuts with religion in the first place. So yeah from one cult into another as they try to reconcile their lack of faith.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Dec 07, 2012 - 08:00
(0)

CS Original
Another point I would like to make is that while it may appear on first glance that the suicide could be attributed to molyneaux, this is pretty unlikely.

The guy left the army 7 days before committing suicide, the whole adjustment from martial to civilian life is rather traumatic for a lot of people, and there is much writing about this topic to be read. Often people who have had everything done for them including decision making, cooking, bills, housing have to come out into the real world and get it all done for themselves. For some people it is just too much to handle at one time, and being that this kid had recently removed himself from all his religious friends and family [who would likely keep persisting he go back to god anyway] and had lost all his army friends, he was quite literally alone to fix his problems without any social structure and supporting framework in place.

The circumstances were at their worst for him, and likely exacerbated his mental state [notice the mention of ptsd in the forum post], and I think these are more to blame for the tragedy than just his being a member of a cult.
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Dec 07, 2012 - 13:29
(0)

CS Original
To validate my point that the person is a religious fruit cake, I made 3 comments [all of which were polite].

Post 1 : Questioned their claims about atheism and corrected their misunderstandings

Post 2: Gave evidence for their lack of understanding of evolution

Post 3: Agreed with them on a separate topic in another post

Which comment do you think was published ?
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Dec 07, 2012 - 16:47
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Quote from anticultist

Another point I would like to make is that while it may appear on first glance that the suicide could be attributed to molyneaux, this is pretty unlikely.

I am taking it with a grain of salt. Anonymity can give people just the right about of security to say anything.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:36
(0)

CS Original
Yeah true enough man, people say all kinds of weird shit online just to get peoples attention and support.

Although falsifying a suicide story would be really low if that is the case.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 08, 2012 - 17:02
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
I only listened to a few things by Stefan Molynuex as in his ideas on how the world should be ran. How Molynuex perceives the world is a bit off as well not realistic. His rambles are just too long for me they need to be condensed down to a coherent thought in 5 minutes or less. A lot of Canadians such as Stefan Molynuex all have the basic premise that they should be able to do whatever they want and that the state is suppressing them; although I agree with the notion that we can always do better I disagree that things are becoming worse or suppressed as that is just not the case. I just get annoyed when Canadians scream about there freedoms/rights or as they say "What aboot my freedoms ehhh, what aboot my rights ehhh?". If these people just had a basic understanding of law, and economics they wouldn't be saying such insane crap.

As Stefan Molynuex spouts off his perspective of the world and how everything else will fail unless it's ran under his imaginary privatized government, I just see a fat bald yippidy Canadian who just likes to have a audience to talk too and thinks he makes sense. My other problem with Molynuex is that he does not source the things he spouts off in his videos and audios. He even tried to justify why he does not always source the academic work or material where he gets his information from (even when requested too) because he thinks it's a waste of time and doesn't want to do the work for others.

So Mr. Molynuex how about some critical thinking ehhh, I mean braaaa.
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Dec 10, 2012 - 10:00
(3)

He's starting to get a lot of pushback from a lot of antistatist libertarians because he refuses to use any argument outside of the "gun in the room" argument. He's said explicitly he has no use for consequentialism or practicality. Meaning it doesn't matter if something works so long as it doesn't go against NAP. His philosophy is very messy and inconsistent. He plagiarizes a lot and never gives credit which is a big faux pas in philosophy.

Stefbots will say that deFOO only applies if the parents or family are abusive and by all means I think that's fine. If they beat or rape you it'd be kind of hard or impractical to keep accosiating with them, but that's not all that he defines as abuse. I've heard him say things like spanking, raising in religious households, and being overly irrational were abusive.

There is a video where he says that voting for Ron Paul can be good and if you can't convince a friend to go and spend an hour to go vote for him in exchange for doing something they find valuable or important than it's something that would put a damper on the relationship up to the point of deFOO.

DAD, VOTE FOR RON PAUL OR I HAVE NO FATHER
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 10, 2012 - 19:34
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
@JimJesus nice I'd agree with that. I enjoy when someone disagree with him as he will he'll infer that they must want A, B, and C to happen to him as well which usually are bad things.

Stefan Molynuex: Well you don't like my idea eehhh, therefore you must hate me and want me to die as well. eehhh

Me: Sure braa
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
anticultistPosted: Dec 11, 2012 - 08:56
(0)

CS Original
Just so you know the dude who runs that molyneaux revealed is an evolution denier, and an intelligent design apologist. He doesn't believe the fossil record holds any intermediary evidence for transitional evolution, and he abuses logic claiming that it proves his stance that a god is not only possible but very likely.

His lack of understanding critical thinking and science, and his cognitive biases should be taken into consideration when using his information as evidence. He is perhaps not a reliable source of unbiased information for molyneaux.

I know this because he took it upon himself to god bother me with emails after denying my posts on his own blog.
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]