Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Pronoid conspiracy theories

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Comedy Can | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Aug 07, 2012 - 15:21
(1)

Level: 6
CS Original
Taken from a comment on Cracked:

Why are there no positive conspiracy theories? Like, "The government is out to make sure I have a nice day." or "People who regularly wear red clothing are responsible for certain foods being delicious."
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Aug 08, 2012 - 02:31
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
It might be that people respond more emotionally to something negative than something positive as a negative emotion is more stronger than a positive.

I think it's rational (but not right) why someone would strategically choose to emphasize negative conspiracy theories as well as they churn a stronger emotional appeal in people than positive CT's. How can someone get a strong emotion up towards something like "People who regularly wear red clothing are responsible for certain foods being delicious." as opposed to "the government is going install computer chips in us so they can control us, like we are all cattle.". It's a primitive thing but it's much needed possibly self-preservation mechanism. We're not in immediate danger with the red clothing people that make food delicious but we're in immediate danger with the computer chip government people that want to control us. Therefore it's rational to focus on immediate negative dangers or in this case negative conspiracy theory than positive ones. Keep in mind positive or negative conspiracy theory's are just that conspiracy theories that are not based on any credible evidence.

Basically positive based conspiracy theories are a hard sell as to negative conspiracy theories when it comes to attracting a wider audience.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]