Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Baby Boomer Fear

I don't know what the fuck's going on

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 03, 2012 - 01:11
(0)

Level: 0
Ok seriously, does anyone have any idea why this generation hates the baby boomers?
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Feb 03, 2012 - 03:18
(2)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original
Because they hold everything back. Like my father says: America won't improve until the baby boomers are dead or stop voting.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Feb 03, 2012 - 03:45
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
It's the generation that brought us this as "music"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bch1_Ep5M1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbrn9eXEKWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUkhMq_iRo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JywK_5bT8z0

Also thanks for the Weather Underground, that was really nice.
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 03, 2012 - 12:42
(0)

Quote from The Real Roxette

Because they hold everything back. Like my father says: America won't improve until the baby boomers are dead or stop voting.

I've been hearing the same thing from everyone that hates the baby boomers. Can you give an example of how they hold everything back, or anything else wrong with them?
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Feb 04, 2012 - 05:06
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original
Quote from emcada
Quote from The Real Roxette

I've been hearing the same thing from everyone that hates the baby boomers. Can you give an example of how they hold everything back, or anything else wrong with them?
It's not the hippy ones I'm worried about like JimJesus seems to dislike, but rather all of the neoconservative "if you don't like it you can get out" ones. It seems like the vast majority of crazies promoting nutty economic and social beliefs are baby boomers.
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 04, 2012 - 16:36
(0)

hmm. That's rather interesting. I haven't really checked out the social and economic ideas they're promoting. This definitely is something I will look into.
#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Feb 04, 2012 - 18:44
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original
Quote from emcada

hmm. That's rather interesting. I haven't really checked out the social and economic ideas they're promoting. This definitely is something I will look into.

It's kinda sad to see them rabidly attack Obama and really any attempt to make healthcare cheaper and more available for everyone, since they'll be needing lots of it in less than a decade. Unless of course it's an effort to give a thorough and lavish handjob to privatization, which will make it incredibly difficult for the average Baby Boomer to get the health care they need (not the rich douchebags like Grover Norquist and such).

Politically, Baby Boomers are pretty divided between American conservatism and liberalism, but they're such a large percentage of the population, and the generation before them (the Silent generation) tends to be too young to remember the Great Depression and therefore has no appreciation for leftist economic policy, unlike the GI generation before them.

The result is that Boomers exert a lot of conservative influence; though I'm sure it will diminish in the coming two decades as more retire and more Silent generation members pass on.
#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 05, 2012 - 01:18
(0)

Quote from Omni-Science

Politically, Baby Boomers are pretty divided between American conservatism and liberalism, but they're such a large percentage of the population, and the generation before them (the Silent generation) tends to be too young to remember the Great Depression and therefore has no appreciation for leftist economic policy, unlike the GI generation before them.

The result is that Boomers exert a lot of conservative influence; though I'm sure it will diminish in the coming two decades as more retire and more Silent generation members pass on.

Do you think the boomers' conservatism is partly due to the fact that they've gotten older and find that the world they themselves crafted is just what they want it and don't want it to change? Or is it them trying to disassociate from the notorious hippies of the '60s?
#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Feb 05, 2012 - 03:19
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original
Quote from emcada

Quote from Omni-Science

Do you think the boomers' conservatism is partly due to the fact that they've gotten older and find that the world they themselves crafted is just what they want it and don't want it to change? Or is it them trying to disassociate from the notorious hippies of the '60s?

Now that is hard for me to give an answer to. Come back in about 3 months after my APUSH class gives me a crash course on that era. (currently at turn of the century politics)
#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Feb 05, 2012 - 03:28
(0)

Quote from Omni-Science

Now that is hard for me to give an answer to. Come back in about 3 months after my APUSH class gives me a crash course on that era. (currently at turn of the century politics)

allright. I was just wondering though as the elderly do seem inclined to be more conservative, but then again I digress.
#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JimJesusPosted: Feb 05, 2012 - 11:06
(0)

Bacon Pancakes! Making Bacon Pancakes, take some Bacon and I'll put it in a Pancake! Bacon Pancakes that's what it's gonna make...Bacon Pancaaaaaake!! ♪

Level: 3
allright. I was just wondering though as the elderly do seem inclined to be more conservative, but then again I digress.

Boomers aren't the elderly, it's the elderly's bastard kids. :P
#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]