Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - For Good Reason: James Randi - Why Skepticism Matters

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Podcasts | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 09:08
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
In this discussion with D.J. Grothe, James Randi explores the meaning and worth of "skepticism," and explains why skepticism is not the same as cynicism. He talks about the focus of the JREF's mission, and to what extent social issues such as GLBT rights, civil rights, economic equality, church-state separation, feminism and environmentalism are within skepticism's purview. He debates whether God's existence should be a skeptic topic, and reveals why he is an "atheist of the second kind." And he details recent activities at the JREF to challenge charlatans and educate the public about harmful paranormal claims, and how listeners can get directly involved with this important and unique work.

http://libsyn.com/media/forgoodreason/FGR_2011_11_28_James_Randi.mp3
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 09:26
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
I stopped listening to FGR a while ago...not totally sure why. But maybe I'll resubscribe for this one and see if I can get back into it. Thanks Matt.

EDIT: Now I remember why. Went to subscribe, and remembered that after I worked through the backlog, there hadn't been any episodes in 2011 until just this month, and I unsubscribed from the podcast sometime in spring or summer.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 15:50
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original
Sweet, I'm going to subscribe to this podcast
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]