Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Did Congress just kill America?

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 22:21
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original

I am just saying this because they passed a bill in the House that went nowhere and they going to pass another bill that the Senate has already said they will not pass. And the Senate is sending to the house a bill that they will not pass. Blowing off time that a deal could have been made and we only have 5 more days. As much as I believe that the Tea Party are a bunch of nuts; I can see that both sides share the blame equally.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 08:49
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

Both sides do not share the blame equally, that's flat out absurd. Playing politics with the debt ceiling vote to this level is an entirely new development. Clean debt ceiling bills have always been passed without hitching a budget to them. The blame for this lies entirely with the teabaggers and the GOP for courting them.

The whole "both sides share the blame" is nothing more than a right wing meme to cover their ass for fucking shit up this badly.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 09:04
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original

I agree with Matt, as the official representative on this forum of the Russian Federation, and obviously therefore an expert on foreign policy with the US as well as domestic policy in the US... basically the world thinks you guys are idiots for electing tea party members then letting them fuck you in the ass. There I said it.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 09:09
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Unfortunately, many Americans don't pay attention to politics outside of the Presidential cycle every four years. Thanks to the Citizens United ruling, corporate donors were able to pump a fuckton of cash into advertising for these awful teabagging nihilists during the midterms. I will wager that almost every single one of them will be one-term public officials. Hopefully they will not be able to do too much damage before they're rode out of town on a rail.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 09:10
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original

What I've found disturbing about US politics, especially in the midwest, is the voting along lines for anti-abortion and anti-homosexual beliefs, regardless of any other thing the person stands for, even if the person has passed legislation previously that fucked over the city, county, state in question.

...or how people like Ron Paul have come to represent "populism," which is the exact opposite of traditional populism. Only a completely fucked ideology of whatever-you-call-it-bachmann-paultard-ism could possibly think big business being better than people is populism.

It seems like in the midwest you could promise to send all the jobs to mexico and shut down all public schooling, so long as you said "lower taxes for business" and "stop the fags from marrying and aborting all our babies" you'd get elected.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 10:34
(0)

CS Original

Agent Matt
Plus it doesn’t help that the Right Wing “news sources” like Fox News are pushing the story that Obama is just making up the Aug. 2nd deadline. At this point I believe if a Debt Ceiling deal does come about until after the Deadline. I also blame John Boehner and the non-Tea Party Republicans in the House for being female cats when it came to the Tea Party.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 10:43
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

The GOP has been courting the religious right and rightwing extremists for years. It will be their downfall.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 13:43
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

How do all these teabaggers justify wanting smaller government, yet they collect disability checks, medicare, have government jobs or spouses with government jobs, collect Medicaid, etc.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 14:50
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

They don't justify it because they don't think about it. They don't have a problem accepting government money, they only have a problem when people who aren't like them accept government money.

Its no deeper than that.

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 15:20
(0)

CS Original

But is makes me think how long after the 2nd that it will take until these teatards to allow the debt ceiling to be raised. I just know if no money goes out to pay the country’s bills and SS and Military pay does not go out on time the Tea Party will see not blame to themselves. They make up a CT that Obama is holding onto money and not giving it out.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 17:51
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Im furious as shit. My student loans and credit card are going to fucking skyrocket with a default here. I want every last tea bagger out of congress as soon as possible!

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 18:13
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

I suspect one of two things will happen.

Boehner's plan just passed. The Senate will kill it and probably pass Reid's plan. If that happens they can quickly reconcile the two and there'll be a deal just under the wire.

Or else Obama will invoke the 14th Amendment to raise the debt ceiling unilaterally by executive action and dare the courts to stop him. I'm kind of thinking this option is more likely.

I hope he does. He'll be the hero and he'll trash every Republican and Tea Party monster in Congress at the same time.

I have a gut feeling the US won't default, but these are scary and uncharted waters so I'm not sure what will happen.

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 19:00
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

I see the Reid plan passing with some minor changes. I don't see many teabaggers getting voted out. With the economy weak and with outside groups from Citizens United, the teabaggers are going to be with us for a while. I also am doubtful that Obama will be re-elected barring the GOP nominates Palin or Bachman or Ron Paul. However if the GOP nominates and elects somebody like Mitt Romney, then I see the tea party dying out.

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jul 29, 2011 - 20:53
(0)

CS Original

Update the U.S. Senate just killed the Tea Party's Debt Ceiling Bill; now time to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Muertos I think that if thier is a deal it will be a late deal; maybe 1 to 2 weeks after the Aug. 2nd. Scitops you just saw the Tea Party commit Political Suicide.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Aug 02, 2011 - 21:24
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

The GOP and the Teabaggers will go like I thought. Kicking and screaming and willing to ass-fuck the USA and to a lesser extent the world just to get their way.

I feel like becoming a political activist right now. And I hate the idea of getting into politics. This is bullshit man.

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]