Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - The Diane Rehm Show: Drones and Counterterrorism

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Podcasts | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 12:34
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 13:57
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Drones embolden actors to engage in hostilities they otherwise wouldn't. There needs to be a balance between the use of drones to avoid casualties and the use of drones to go into territory that would have previously been off limits.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jul 07, 2011 - 15:22
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

Yeah Drones are very useful. I use to build drones for the government and you'd be surprised how advance drones can get.

From my perspective drones can be put to use besides targeting terrorism such as it would be economical for news organizations to use drones to get traffic reports, and or possibly go into war zones to monitor the action directly without putting reporters in harms way. Drones can look after ranchers animals 24/7 and if problems happen it can be sophisticated enough to alert somebody of the problem. Not to get to much into it but I'm very interested in drones.

I have to disagree when they talk about the drones not being like video games. Drones controls are made to have controls of a PS3 basically at least close to what a individual would play on a gaming console on their off time.

Economically drones are the better route to go as the ones being produced for war are relatively inexpensive as to having a soldier do the same work.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]