Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - I finished reading "The Looming Tower."

[ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Books | Reply to Topic ]
MuertosPosted: Jun 14, 2011 - 19:59
(0)

Paid Disinformation Blogger

Level: 14
CS Original

It was a terrific read. I think it probably deserved the Pulitzer Prize. Without a doubt it's the best book on terrorism I've read. I was extremely disappointed by Guntaratna's "Inside Al Qaeda," and found that this one was much better in every respect.

I think anyone who has an interest in the 9/11 attacks owes it to themselves to read this book. While it doesn't specifically address conspiracy theories, the experience of reading it underscores just how disconnected from reality Truther theories are. Most (if not all) of them assume that the evidentiary link between Al Qaeda and 9/11 is tenuous. It's not.

I'm certainly going to do a blog about this on my personal blog, and I think it's probably appropriate to post it on the CS blog as well. More ammunition against the Truthers. I'd be shocked if even the high-profile and supposedly academic Twoofers (Gage, Jones etc.) have even bothered to read this book. Certainly none of the brain-dead Zeitgeisters and conspiradroids we encounter around here have.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jun 14, 2011 - 20:08
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

The author is a disinformation agent.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jun 14, 2011 - 20:20
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

Sounds very interesting. I'll have to find that book for my kindle.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
freeflyerPosted: Jun 15, 2011 - 08:34
(0)

Level: 0

Thanks for the review Muertos. Do you have a Kindle version?

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]