Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Whats with all this anti corporate sentiment?

Tags: to do [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Apr 18, 2011 - 20:00
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

It seems every article I read (granted it was on Yahoo) you have people whining about corporations and the wealthy. To me it seems if your a big company you can't do anything right, if you raise prices you are greedy, if you lower prices it is to lure poor people in to get their money. Sometimes it sounds like these people consider <insert company here> a service that exists just to serve them.

Anyway this has been bugging me lately as it seems wherever I look people are complaining about companies and rich people (which itself is a bit of a generalization)

Its either "the banks are stealing from the working class!" which is stupid cause taxpayer money comes from everyone and not just the working class, plus the banks have to pay it back. Or "rich people are so bad, etc.."

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
BrentonPosted: Apr 18, 2011 - 20:37
(0)

Level: 0
CS Original

A lot of the uproar relates to taxation and companies avoiding it at the moment http://front.moveon.org/b-which-corporations-are-the-biggest-freeloaders/ (link posted by Michael Moore on his FB) ...

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Apr 18, 2011 - 20:40
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

Michael Moore seems like a pretty big freeloader, in every sense of the word.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:12
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

Level: 8
CS Original

Cheating taxes and figuring out ways to skirt the law aren't good enough reasons to ban corporations. Corporations aren't living things, people do these things, not companies. Even if you remove the legal classification of a corporation, you can still have people just the same way running companies in the same way.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Apr 19, 2011 - 05:23
(0)

CS Original

I saw a book today on a similar subject (this time it was about Iraq and how its all about "corporate interests") and I looked at the list of other books by the author and he'd written one about "Eugenics and America: War against the weak" or something which I assume is similar to the eugenics stuff believed by CT'ers.

Anyway I was thinking, what corporations actually benefit from the war in Iraq? The only ones I can name are oil companies as finance companies don't benefit as I'm pretty sure the government doesn't borrow money from them, and I don't think the government borrows billions from B of A either to fund the war effort.

Also if the bank or the "military industrial complex" have enough influence to force the US to invade Iraq then isn't it kinda pointless because the US government is just giving money to itself? Surely if they can make the US go to war, they can just take the money themselves without having to start a war so weapons are bought and money is borrowed.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Apr 19, 2011 - 06:24
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original

You mean Edwin Black? He's not a CT afaik.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EzPosted: Apr 19, 2011 - 06:36
(0)

CS Original

I dont think it was him

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Apr 19, 2011 - 06:54
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

Oil companies benefitting from the war in Iraq? That's not really true either.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4032

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]