Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Character profile: Ed - Page 2

Tags: Snob Goblin is a muncher of sorts, Ed is on drugs, Ed is a huge floppy pussy, MAKE IT STOP, BORING THREAD IS BORING, ED IS NEVER WRONG, This is Ed and I never said I was never wrong Matt, unlike you, ED WILL NEVER BE WRONG, and this is Ed, Matt debate me Ed or you are a troll, This is Ed and I am a huge retard, Matt is a coward, its you're not your, This is Ed I never said I was a retard, Ed's tag about Matt never being wrong is WRONG, Matt you never EVER admit when you're wrong, This really is Ed and none of these other tags are mine, I'm sparticus, Ed has the reading level of a 3rd grader, This is Snob Goblin and I just clogged the toilet, This is Wilfred Brimley, CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR AND CHECK IT OFTEN, We here at Liberty Mutual like CORN DAWGS, MAKE SURE YOU SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS TO HELP CONTRO, Abandon thread snail is funny, Too many tags, Srsly, ABANDON THREAD!, Ed needs a sense of humor, I FUCKIN LOVE CORN DOGS, backpedal to the future, SPOCK MUST SAVE THIS THREAD, hard chiseled spock, Sea of spock, drowning in spock, what has Wolf Bird unleashed?, DIABEETUS, stupid tags, Can't count all the Spocks!, This is Ed and I suck huge black cocks, This is Ed and I want Spock inside my puckered asshole, godfuckingdamnit, Ed, Nominate [ Add Tags ]

This forum thread is currently locked, no new replies or edits can be made.

[ Return to Topic Ritz-Carlton | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:12
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

Matt, Falkner:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I feel Ive stayed on topic in the oh so controversial McDonalds thread and the Penn and Teller thread.

Falkner please explain what you're talking about.

#31 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:13
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

There's no reason to even find the thread. Ed participated in both threads about pot, he's just too damn burned out to remember them.

#32 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:16
(1)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

Character profile: Ed

Neon Indian - Should Have Taken Acid With You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jma6Ojg2Vg

#33 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:16
(1)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Ed, all your posts are the exact same thing said in different words. I'm not terribly sympathetic to your plight now because you're doing the same thing you did in the pot thread. You assert, assert and reassert and then downplay those arguments you either have no interest in recognizing or either just completely gloss over. I have to say that after that thread I have developed remarkably little patience when these issues come up again.

#34 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:16
(0)

CS Original

@Omni:

Thats good you found a couple of examples Matt admitted he was wrong, but the claim Matt makes is that I dont admit Im wrong. Except I can prove I have many times on this forum and others. So whats the reason not to bother debating?

@Falkner;

I think I understand what you're saying. Yes I am repeating myself, over and over, why? Because people keep fucking ignoring me! I have asked Matt the same question over and over about why he posted the article by Penn and he ignores the question. I have asked Matt over and over what problem he actually has with my issue with P&T.

Please explain why these are unreasonable questions or kindly STFU.

EDIT: Oh and btw thanks to that "pot thread" I do see its a much more complicated issue than I had previously assumed. However having talked to some Norwegians lately I also heard interesting points about crime increases and where that comes from rather than from pot, but this is not the right thread for that. If everyone was a lot less fricking combative perhaps it wouldn't seem like I'm so stubborn?

#35 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:18
(1)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original
#36 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:19
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

I'm not referring to that, and that should be fairly obvious to any casual observer. Your tautology is the root of your continued debates, not on the questions presented to you, but your recapitulation of points previously made despite the responses you receive. I don't care about your question to matt, I care about how each debate you enter rests on this principally flawed pathway for argumentation.

#37 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:20
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

@Ed simply making up numbers does not count as evidence either.

OH COME ON! REALLY? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Your just going to try and marginalize if not outright ignore? The burden of proof is not on me. I didn't make up numbers and claim they proved anything despite not being based on data.

#38 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:25
(0)

CS Original

Falkner,

If I have ignored a response then that should be brought up. I expect people to repeat it and demand I address it as I demand of others. When did that happen in the McDonalds thread? You didn't read it, did you?

I had to repeat SO many times what food I was referring to at McDonalds only for near the end Aaron to claim I never said cheeseburgers and fries and started saying oats and salads are McDonalds foods as well and that I should have said so. And you wonder why I repeat myself? Come on...

Why do you act as if I'm some kind of terrible offender here? Matt just spams the forum with random articles all day and posts short trollish insults to people. I tried for 13 pages to get people to just accept that a McDonalds cheeseburger was not actualy a healthy food, why dont you explain to me why that was so damn difficult?

I don't care about your question to matt,

Then why don't you jump on anyone else? Why not Matt for constantly acting like an asshole? Why is it people here seemed to have no problem with Muertos debunking GW denialists, yet I explain exactly why Penn and Teller should be ashamed of themselves promoting the same crap and all of a sudden I'm an idiot that has a learning disability.

I care about how each debate you enter rests on this principally flawed pathway for argumentation.

That's funny because apparently you only have one thread as a reference for this idea.

#39 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:25
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"I don't care about your question to matt, I care about how each debate you enter rests on this principally flawed pathway for argumentation"

And this is exactly why I don't waste my time on the goober.

#40 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:32
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

Why cant you guys just leave poor ed alone. You obviously cant best him in a debate so you have to resort to trolling. Very sad!

#41 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:32
(1)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Why don't I jump on Matt?

Because in the encounters I've had with him, I've come to know how seriously he takes himself. You on the other hand take yourself way too seriously. Your contributions to the McDonalds thread follow the same pattern. Irrespective of where I fall on that issue, the problem was that rather than carefully and expertly dealing with the counter points brought to you, you instead continued to pursue rather negligible tactics to validate your position. You emotionally invest far too much when people disagree with you, and I'm jumping on you because, quite frankly, you're being an ass without any of the humor other assholes on this website do so. My only time engaging with you seriously resulted in you trying to dismiss arguments of a completely valid and fruitful nature in an effort to return the debate to familiar grounds to you. So why should I have sympathy for the position you constantly find yourself in here time and time again? You continue to pursue these topics without the tact necessary to either continue them or return them to civility, nor do you know when to just walk away. Matt's an asshole. That's practically the site slogan at this point.

#42 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:46
(1)

CS Original

Irrespective of where I fall on that issue, the problem was that rather than carefully and expertly dealing with the counter points brought to you

I take this to be particularly insulting since in that McDonalds thread I made a point to try and deal specifically with every single relevant claim made.

you instead continued to pursue rather negligible tactics to validate your position

What on earth does that mean?

If you're suggesting there's still a point I have ignored and not provided a counter argument to it that was dealt in a "careful and expert" way, then please I DARE you to show me what that point is.

You won't, it doesn't exist. You didn't bother to read the thread properly. Think I'm wrong? Simply go back to the McDonalds thread and make a post where you quote the claim you feel I ignored and didn't provide a proper response to. If I made that claim about someone else I would make damn sure I could back it up, so will you?

You emotionally invest far too much when people disagree with you

I don't care if someone disagree's with me its HOW they disagree.

you're being an ass without any of the humor other assholes on this website do so.

Well I'm SO sorry I take this stuff a little more seriously than posting shallow insults about how fat VTV is. I believe this is one of the reasons Muertos gave for leaving, btw.

McDonalds being at all healthy is a serious myth that should be debunked along with Global Warming Denialism. I'm SO sorry that I just couldn't leave it completely unchallenged. Whats the point of this website again? I don't recall this site being Something Awfull, I thought t was a serious site debunking conspiracy theories and popular myths. I also don't recall a lot of humour in the hate mail responses on this site, its pretty damn combative actually most of the time, but apparently that's "being an ass without any of the humor". I guess the responses should just have been more like "You are cocksucker faggot. probly fat too like VTV LOL". That certainly would have saved a lot of time writing all those articles, right?

You wouldn't be complaining if I was debating a truther here.

My only time engaging with you seriously resulted in you trying to dismiss arguments of a completely valid and fruitful nature in an effort to return the debate to familiar grounds to you. So why should I have sympathy for the position you constantly find yourself in here time and time again? You continue to pursue these topics without the tact necessary to either continue them or return them to civility, nor do you know when to just walk away.

You talking about the pot thread again? If you're going to say I continually do something please find more than one example. I already said because of your arguments I now think its a more complicated issue than I did before. I also said if you guys weren't always so fucking combative to anyone disagreeing maybe I wouldn't appear so stubborn.

Matt's an asshole. That's practically the site slogan at this point.

And yet I was the only one disagreeing with Dunning on McDonalds. Funny that. Apparently Matt is taken seriously. And why is no one else backing me up on the Penn and Teller thing? Does no one take this site seriously anymore? Do let me in on the joke if the entire format has changed. As I said I tried for 13 pages to get people to just accept that a McDonalds cheeseburger was not actually a healthy food, why dont you explain to me why that was so damn difficult?

#43 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:50
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

^Sucks cocks.

#44 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:54
(0)

CS Original

< & ^Likes to watch

#45 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 21:55
(1)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

If you're suggesting there's still a point I have ignored and not provided a counter argument to it that was dealt in a "careful and expert" way, then please I DARE you to show me what that point is.

I'm talking about the pot thread where you attempted to invalidate the anthropological arguments being made and THEN side stepped the statistical complexities that were provided. Grow up.

Well I'm SO sorry I take this stuff a little more seriously than posting shallow insults about how fat VTV is. I believe this is one of the reasons Muertos gave for leaving, btw.

And I've engaged in this? I've actually posted on the same side of this issue. Nice try. Another example of your sloppy argumentation

You wouldn't be complaining if I was debating a truther here.

Go look at the "Why TZM isn't communism" thread and the thread on tibet and you'll see exactly disagree with Matt on several points, and have done so without throwing a hissy fit. Go on facebook and you'll see where I further disagree with people making the Loughner was only influenced by TZM argument. Quit being a disingenuous twit to save face.

#46 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:03
(0)

CS Original

I'm talking about the pot thread where you attempted to invalidate the anthropological arguments being made and THEN side stepped the statistical complexities that were provided. Grow up.

Me grow up? Go read your own post...

Your contributions to the McDonalds thread follow the same pattern. Irrespective of where I fall on that issue, the problem was that rather than carefully and expertly dealing with the counter points brought to you, you instead continued to pursue rather negligible tactics to validate your position.

You preceded the sentence with...

"Your contributions to the McDonalds thread follow the same pattern."

THEN you said...

" Irrespective of where I fall on that issue, the problem was that rather than carefully and expertly dealing with the counter points brought to you,"

You claim you didn't really mean to talk about the McDonalds thread? Come on... At least acknowledge you wrote it that way, how am I supposed to know you suddenly decided to talk about a totally different thread? Now you take yourself out of context and pretend I'm being childish because OBVIOUSLY you're talking about something else. But its always my fault isn't it right?

And I've engaged in this? I've actually posted on the same side of this issue. Nice try. Another example of your sloppy argumentation

For goodness sake, if you're on the "same side" why chastise me for being serious?

Go look at the "Why TZM isn't communism" thread and the thread on tibet and you'll see exactly disagree with Matt on several points,

Who cares about Matt? You told me earlier not to bother he's just as asshole. Why bother disagreeing with him?

Go on facebook and you'll see where I further disagree with people making the Loughner was only influenced by TZM argument.

That's good, but that is actually a stupid thing to say. Was I wrong about McDonalds? Was I wrong about Penn and Teller? And the pot thing wasn't as cut and dry either, but everyone was being such a frickin douchbag no decent discussion was happening.

I dont know if I added this last paragraph in an edit you missed but here it is again:

Matt's an asshole. That's practically the site slogan at this point.

And yet I was the only one disagreeing with Dunning on McDonalds. Funny that. Apparently Matt is taken seriously. And why is no one else backing me up on the Penn and Teller thing? Does no one take this site seriously anymore? Do let me in on the joke if the entire format has changed. As I said I tried for 13 pages to get people to just accept that a McDonalds cheeseburger was not actually a healthy food, why dont you explain to me why that was so damn difficult?

#47 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:04
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Ed maybe the JREF forums are more your speed. You clearly don't have a thick enough skin for CS. At JREF you can get people banned when they call you a tedious fuckwad for constantly repeating yourself.

There's no grand conspiracy about why people don't agree with you about P&T. People don't agree with you about P&T because.... wait for it.... YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG, FOOL!

#48 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:08
(0)

CS Original

Hey matt, maybe if you answered simple questions I wouldn't have to!

If you say someone is wrong, the normal thing to do is explain why you think that. Yea, its quite a crazy concept I know.

#49 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:09
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Why? So you can repeat yourself for twelve pages? I don't think so, bitchboy.

#50 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:10
(0)

CS Original

So next time if I say you're an idiot and wrong, I don't have to tell you why? Good one Matt! :D

#51 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:11
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

People try to tell you why you're wrong, but you're too goddamn stubborn to accept it and that's somehow everyone else's fault but yours.

You're just not that bright, dude. The worst part is that you think you are, and nobody is going to convince you otherwise. I quit trying long ago.

That's why you don't get debates out of me anymore. But somehow, someway, its my fault. Right?

#52 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:17
(0)

CS Original

Just like that McDonalds thread eh Matt? No evidence presented whatsoever and all you wanted me to do to prove YOU wrong is to go argue with Dunning.

Oh and the P&T thing, where all I was told (not by you, you still haven't told me whats wrong with what I said) that Penn is not a GW denialist. Thats the best you got, you dont believe he is a GW denialist ignoring the fact that the promoted GW denialism and their myths and 5 years later still admits he doesn't understand a damn thing about any of it. They aren't always right, is what I said, because of that episode, but apparently thats a CRrrrrAAAZZZZY stupid idea!! :D

I think I get it now, Matt is only wrong if I dont tell him he's wrong.

And yes Im the stupid one even though you think McDonalds burgers are nutritious and are well balanced in every food group and eating 3 double quaterpounders with cheese's a day is a good healthy diet, presumably, because thats what Dunning thinks.

#53 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:18
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Nobody likes you, and its your own damn fault. You're not witty, you're not funny, you're not bright. You're just repetitive and tedious.

#54 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:19
(1)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Me grow up? Go read your own post...

Read it and I still don't see your point. I stand by my point.

You claim you didn't really mean to talk about the McDonalds thread? Come on... At least acknowledge you wrote it that way, how am I supposed to know you suddenly decided to talk about a totally different thread? Now you take yourself out of context and pretend I'm being childish because OBVIOUSLY you're talking about something else. Good job.

Was it a rather ambiguous syntactical choice, yes. But don't you dare assume to have some sort of esoteric power to acertain my true intention in my own diction as you continue to stumble through your own. I was talking about the only thread I have ever bothered to debate you and was commenting on how, rather than being calm and navigating through the points in the McDonalds thread you instead resorted to tautology. Guess what, I agree, McDonalds isn't healthy, but I also think that you possess the verbal finess of a dog with a mouthful of peanut butter. Now you have the audacity to continue on the act of all-insightful perception. In the McDonalds thread, rather than accessing Aarons argument and empathizing even in the faintest, and demonstrating that empathy, you reasserted your previous position. That's not good argumentation.

For goodness sake, if you're on the "same side" why chastise me for being serious?

You really don't get it. Moral standpoints and argumentation are not congruent here. I am arguing with you because you just cant let anything go or argue in a productive manner. Instead, as with my last encounter, all I have seen is you take a position and then, without meaningful measure, continue to reword and reassert. You just continue to state "COME ON" and just assume your position is self-evident. Even if a point appears self-evident, the argumenter is under the onus to carefully access the arguments at hand and assert a position in new terms and through a developing discourse. You don't do that, and that's why I disagree with you. I'm not going to vulgarly insult you, but I also am going to have no sympathy for your position.

Firstly, transitive fail. Second, maybe no one else cares enough. I know I stayed out of the McDonalds thread after my last post, not because of the juvenile nature of the responses, but as a direct result of your rather disappointing tactics. And maybe you're representing other people's arguments in a compressed version rather than ceding that some of us asserted that a McDonalds burger is not a revolver in the mouth. An unhealthy life style is what is most determinate of the kinds of issues we see. People who blame McDonalds for obesity are irresponsible and have no business assuming some company has subverted their own rationale and free will. Outside of that, I could care less about the thread.

And the pot thing wasn't as cut and dry either, but everyone was being such a frickin douchbag no decent discussion was happening.

I tried, but you were utilizing a pathway of argumentation that wasn't really conducive to healthy debate.

#55 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Inside JobPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:20
(0)

CS Original

"Nobody likes you"

Speak for yourself! He's all I've got since you and Kaiser got rid of all the sock puppets from the FB group.

#56 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:22
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Who cares about Matt? You told me earlier not to bother he's just as asshole. Why bother disagreeing with him?

Great critical reading skills. I was talking about how you can see me disagree with him and not have it devolve to 13 pages of repetitive posts to make a point.

#57 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:23
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"Speak for yourself! He's all I've got since you and Kaiser got rid of all the sock puppets from the FB group."

Damn that sounds bleak.

#58 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:33
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Stick with this argument as its your strongest, please don't bother with the other points.

-http://conspiracyscience.com/forums/topic/i-used-to-think-drug-legalization-was-a-good-thing/page/3</p>

And here is where my disagreement with the way you conduct arguments began. I made perfectly valid arguments from an anthropological position to which you just began on your tautological position. Then, through some amazing inspiration of arrogance, you think you can just declare these other arguments invalid without accessing them. I have a real problem with that, especially consider that there is a huge literature on food custom and the history of the case at hand. Furthermore, I linked data on that thread that you never wanted (or bothered) to cede complicated your position.

#59 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Feb 09, 2011 - 22:38
(0)

CS Original

Was it a rather ambiguous syntactical choice, yes. But don't you dare assume to have some sort of esoteric power to acertain my true intention in my own diction as you continue to stumble through your own.

If you write it that way anyone is going to assume you're referring to the McDonalds thread, its not my fault you didn't really mean that. You prephased your comments talking about a specific thread and then refer to "THAT ISSUE". Why can't you just apologise instead of trying to claim I'm being dishonest here somehow? If someone says I misunderstood them I accept that and then ask them what they really think and go from there. If I didn't make myself clear I'll apologise and say I didn't mean to write it that way. Why can't you do that? Seems quite hypocritical to me. Or are you just going to do a Matt and say you were trolling me the whole time?

In the McDonalds thread, rather than accessing Aarons argument and empathizing even in the faintest, and demonstrating that empathy, you reasserted your previous position. That's not good argumentation.

Oh Im so sorry, do you "empathise" with truthers? With Alex Jones followers? Just what was there to empathise with Aarons argument? Not a rhetorical question, please explain it to me.

Aaron was the only one actually debating but nevertheless he decided to ignore all my scientific references, presented absolutely none of his own, made up his own theories of nutritive and his own definitions to then argue from, he claimed the cheeseburger was not high fat or high in salt compared to other burgers based on nothing and didn't admit he was wrong when I showed him the figures which showed it was worse or at least just as bad. He also couldn't seem to understand the difference between unhealthy food and an unhealthy diet and took me out of context and claimed I didn't specify we weren't talking about salads and fruit slices at one point even though I did anyway and the context was obvious throughout the post and thread.

nstead, as with my last encounter, all I have seen is you take a position and then, without meaningful measure, continue to reword and reassert.

Well please I honestly want you to educate me then.

Go look at that Penn & Teller thread (link on previous page) and tell me how I SHOULD HAVE gone about it, aside from just not posting at all of course. I honestly want to know how you think I should have handled that differently.

And maybe you're representing other people's arguments in a compressed version rather than ceding that some of us asserted that a McDonalds burger is not a revolver in the mouth. An unhealthy life style is what is most determinate of the kinds of issues we see. People who blame McDonalds for obesity are irresponsible

Okay, so you didn't read the thread quite obviously.

I never blamed McDonalds for obesity, that was not the discussion. I realise thats what Matt kept claiming I was saying, maybe you should stop listening to him? You obviously dont realise how stupid the responses I was getting actually were and how stupid the Skeptoid article that started the whole thing actually was.

#60 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]