Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - MacDonald's prices may rise! - Page 7

Tags: FAIL THREAD IS FAIL, Jared Lee Loughner, Gandhi was an asshole, Snob Goblin is a muncher of sorts, WolfBird was wrong, VTV is fat and poor, Get me some waffle fo' free!, Ed is a huge floppy pussy, fat fucks, WHY IS THIS THREAD SO LONG, MAKE IT STOP, Ed has issues, 300 pages of fail!, shut up shut up shut up!!, Even SnobGoblin doesn't deserve this!, You are all internet terrorists, Enablers!, Bill is a conspiracy theorist, INTERNET HATE MACHINE, Ed vs VTV, ONLY SPOCK CAN SAVE THIS THREAD, WHY ED WHY, Now I want McDonalds, Verbal diarreha, DERAIL THIS THREAD, ...why?, fast food nyom nyom, Ed scolds Snob, 1:WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF POSTS IN A THREAD HERE, 2: WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF TAGS IN A THREAD HERE, END THE THREAD, EPIC TROLL THREAD, MATT IS SUPPLANTED, Bill pwns Ed, Bill is the trollercoaster, Bill > Matt, VTV makes a suprise appearance, Bill is VTV's ghost writer, 3:WORLD RECORD NUMBER OF TROLLS IN ONE THREAD, Bill has a PhD in Trollology, Oh hey, I herd you liek teh Mudkipz, ALL GLORY TO BILLLL, Bill trolls so hard everyone orgasms in unison, BOWLS OF SEVERED DICKS, hitler had some good ideas, ALL HAIL THE NEW TROLL KING BILL, Nominate, Matt loves McDonalds while Ed hates it, Ed does not know how to shut the hell up [ Add Tags ]

This forum thread is currently locked, no new replies or edits can be made.

[ Return to Topic Ritz-Carlton | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:03
(1)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original

I think McDonald's hamburgers are a good source of nutrition and I'm a medical student.

#181 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:03
(-1)

CS Original

#182 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:08
(0)

Level: 10
CS Original

Again, because this might get lost from the end of the previous page, please provide evidence that Dunning is correct in each of his claims about how nutritious a McDonalds cheeseburger is. Use the McDonalds pdf nutrition guide if you want, but it won't help. Dunning made that out out of nothing but his own stunning ignorance of nutrition. The only thing that would save this is if he said he was being sarcastic or something.

#183 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:10
(1)

CS Original

This thread is so insane I've lost track of what people are arguing for.

Aaron says McDonalds is fine to eat, and Ed says it isn't? Someone get me back on track.

#184 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:12
(0)

Level: 12
CS Original

His argument is that a McDonalds burger is not necessarily unhealthy. He explains how a burger has protein, carbs, and fat along with various vitamins and minerals.

That, by definition is nutritious (it has nutrients; if you want to use another definition, then say so). Balance is debatable, but depending on the burger, it can be a balanced meal.

He isn't saying it's healthy. He's saying it's not as unhealthy as you think. How is he wrong?

I would never eat at McDonalds, and I don't think most of their food is ok to eat.

#185 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:16
(0)

CS Original

Snob,

Its hard to know just what everyone really thinks.

All I am saying is that McDonalds is unhealthy, the same way a Mars bar is unhealthy. Apparently thats wwwaaayy out there extreme for some people! Some seem to think that just because a burger that contains very high salt and saturated fat levels to the point where eating two of them maxes out your recommends safety levels is actually not unhealthy, because it contains protein.

Aaron apparently wants to say that Skeptoid's article on McDonalds where Dunning said of the cheeseburger.. "actually quite a balanced meal, rich with just about every nutrient. Add a slice of cheese and it even contains all four food groups."... is not wrong. I'm rather shocked about that I have to say, so want him to prove each of the points that he makes.

#186 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:16
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

McDonalds is fuckin' awesome.

#187 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:20
(1)

CS Original

@Ed Kaiser Falkner ate 6 hamburgers and he's doing just fine...

http://conspiracyscience.com/forums/topic/macdonalds-prices-may-rise/page/3#post-29740

#188 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:20
(1)

CS Original

All I am saying is that McDonalds is unhealthy, the same way a Mars bar is unhealthy. Apparently thats wwwaaayy out there extreme for some people! Some seem to think that just because a burger that contains very high salt and saturated fat levels to the point where eating two of them maxes out your recommends safety levels is actually not unhealthy, because it contains protein.

1. It's a straw man to lump all McDonalds products into one category and say they're all unhealthy. It's also a bad analogy to say its products are like a candy bar. Sure.. the milkshakes and whatever dessert they have may be like the Mars bar. However, you can't be serious in comparing a burger to a candy bar.

2. This is similar to #1, but you're making it sound like every burger option has extremely high salt and saturated fat. Certain burgers, especially when customized, have less.

#189 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:23
(0)

CS Original

His argument is that a McDonalds burger is not necessarily unhealthy. He explains how a burger has protein, carbs, and fat along with various vitamins and minerals.

Nope, he made specific claims about how nutritious the cheeseburger was, please deal with all of them.

He says ...

1. Its a well balanced meal.
2. Rich with just about every nutrient
3. Contains all four food groups

Well balanced does refer to healthy eating, despite what Aaron claims and I'd love to see how someone justifies saying it contains all four food groups.

That, by definition is nutritious (it has nutrients; if you want to use another definition, then say so). Balance is debatable, but depending on the burger, it can be a balanced meal.

A Mars bar has nutrients as well, is that nutritious? What foods are so void of nutrients you will accept that they are not healthy?

He also said it was well balanced. That refers to healthy eating, he is saying its actually quite a healthy option.

He isn't saying it's healthy. He's saying it's not as unhealthy as you think. How is he wrong?

"not as unhealthy as you think." We dealt with this back at the start, this is only based on what you're accusing it of.

I would never eat at McDonalds, and I don't think most of their food is ok to eat.

So you think its not unhealthy but is unhealthy? Could you elaborate?

#190 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:28
(0)

CS Original

1. It's a straw man to lump all McDonalds products into one category and say they're all unhealthy. It's also a bad analogy to say its products are like a candy bar. Sure.. the milkshakes and whatever dessert they have may be like the Mars bar. However, you can't be serious in comparing a burger to a candy bar.

2. This is similar to #1, but you're making it sound like every burger option has extremely high salt and saturated fat. Certain burgers, especially when customized, have less.

This is getting silly, really, it is. I am not lumping all McDonalds products together, Dunning and Matt are talking about stuff like Big Macs and cheeseburgers. Sure McDonalds also sell sliced apple in a bag and salads but we aren't talking about them.

And the milkshakes aren't unhealthy either since they also contain nutrients by the same logic. Why don't you want to use the same logic on other stuff? If you do you realise how crazy it is thats why. A Mars bar contains nutrients therefore must not be unhealthy, right? Why is that wrong, but saying the same thing about a salt and fat filled cheeseburger different? Could it be that nutrition and health is a little more complicated than that?

Once again, what foods are so void of nutrients you will accept that they are not healthy?

Just how bad do McDonalds have to be for you to agree their food is generally unhealthy?

These two questions specifically I think get to the heart of the matter so please don't ignore them.

#191 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:39
(0)

CS Original

I think McDonalds is unhealthy compared to the stuff I can buy in the grocery store. Compared to other restaurants, I don't think it's much worse if at all. It's certainly cheaper than most.

1. Its a well balanced meal - again, we have to figure out what product Dunning was referring to. He said a cheeseburger, but he didn't say what toppings or what. Assuming it's a regular cheeseburger...

100% Beef Patty, Regular Bun, Pasteurized Process American Cheese, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle Slices, Onions

I see protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamin A, C, calcium, and iron. The saturated fat and sodium make up 28% and 31% of your daily recommended amount, respectively. Considering people eat 3 meals a day, 28% and 31% aren't that far off from what you'd expect from 1/3 of your meals.

2. Rich with just about every nutrient - he exaggerated with this statement and shouldn't have said it.

3. Contains all four food groups - What four is he talking about? I found a site listing the following four food groups:

- meat (beef)
- dairy (cheese)
- grain (bun)
- vegetables / fruits (onion, pickle)

So, he's correct with this one.

The Mars bar has nutrients and is nutritious to an extent, but it is not healthy.

There are bad and less bad choices at McDonalds. The obese ones are typically those who buy a large milkshake to go along with large fries / nuggets and a big mac more than once a day, every day of the week.

Not everyone who eats at McDonalds becomes a fat slob.

#192 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:41
(0)

CS Original

And the milkshakes aren't unhealthy either since they also contain nutrients by the same logic.

You are having a hard time with this. Nutritious != healthy.

Once again, what foods are so void of nutrients you will accept that they are not healthy?

Just how bad do McDonalds have to be for you to agree their food is generally unhealthy?

These two questions specifically I think get to the heart of the matter so please don't ignore them.

1. I consider healthy foods to be those that maximize nutrient capacity. A salad full of vegetables, fruits, and meat is far more healthy than anything served at McDonalds.

2. We're not talking about what I consider to be unhealthy. We're talking about what Dunning felt about McDonalds and whether he was correct / incorrect.

#193 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 28, 2011 - 23:57
(0)

CS Original

1. Its a well balanced meal - again, we have to figure out what product Dunning was referring to. He said a cheeseburger, but he didn't say what toppings or what. Assuming it's a regular cheeseburger...

I told Matt pages ago how one could make a healthy cheeseburger, but Dunning's entire point in telling that story was about how concerned a women should be about her daughter eating so much McDonalds.

If suddenly he was comparing a well made cheeseburger to a McDonalds cheese burger nutritionally it would completely irrelevant.

I see protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamin A, C, calcium, and iron. The saturated fat and sodium make up 28% and 31% of your daily recommended amount, respectively. Considering people eat 3 meals a day, 28% and 31% aren't that far off from what you'd expect from 1/3 of your meals.

Even Dunning said that it had very high salt content and that eating two Big Macs would push you over the recommended safe limited of saturated fat levels.

So what if it has some vitamins in it? I asked you some very simple questions for some reason you keep refusing to answer:

1. Once again, what foods are so void of nutrients you will accept that they are not healthy?

2. Just how bad do McDonalds have to be for you to agree their food is generally unhealthy?

2. Rich with just about every nutrient - he exaggerated with this statement and shouldn't have said it.

Not just exaggerated it, its bollocks, all of it. The entire point of saying that line is to make out its very nutritious when it isn't at all.

I'lll also point out that the same person he acts like he is quoting about the cheeseburger has it seems also said that vitamin supplements are pointless and a waste of money, yet someone earlier tried to argue that Fruit Loops was obviously nutritious as well because they added synthetic vitamins.

3. Contains all four food groups - What four is he talking about? I found a site listing the following four food groups:

- meat (beef)
- dairy (cheese)
- grain (bun)
- vegetables / fruits (onion, pickle)

Oh really Aaron is that how you think of nutrition?

I asked you back this up with sources. The bun is processed white bread, its not good for you. A tiny sprinkle of onion and a slice of pickle does not count as a portion of vegetable. The cheese is processed and may not even contain real cheese, (though tbh McDonalds probably has to use he kind that has real cheese in it. Burger cheese slices have to be careful how they market themselves, many types of burger cheese contain no cheese at all and have to say it is cheese like or something.)

I realise where he got the idea that it fills all 4 food groups, but that its absolutely stupid. Why don't you get that? He would also argue a potato is a vegetable therefore the fries is a portion of veg and fills that food group no doubt. A Big Mac's small amount of ice berg lettuce which is nutritionally void also fills that to him I guess!

You will find absolutely no legitimate source anywhere that agrees with you or him about this, I dare you to try and find one.

He wrote the claim it was well balanced meal that was rich with just about every nutrient, its just complete crap. You tried to claim well balanced didn't refer to health, well it does in every relevant place I have checked. Dunning is wrong and has a ridiculously stupid understanding of nutrition, why do you want to defend him for no reason when he's so obviously wrong here?

#194 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:01
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

Tell ya what Ed, if you are so convinced that Dunning has a "ridiculously stupid understanding of nutrition" why not email him and tell him so? He does correction shows, so if you're so adamant about believing this shit then shut the hell up and and email Dunning.

Or, you might make it into one of the listener feedback episodes where the interwebs gets to laugh at you for being an asshat, which is more likely then you making it into a corrections show.

#195 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:04
(0)

CS Original

1. I consider healthy foods to be those that maximize nutrient capacity. A salad full of vegetables, fruits, and meat is far more healthy than anything served at McDonalds.

Eh? You didn't answer the question, I asked for examples of foods you consider UNHEALTHY and remember they must be devoid of all nutrients or you can't say they are unhealthy.

2. We're not talking about what I consider to be unhealthy. We're talking about what Dunning felt about McDonalds and whether he was correct / incorrect.

It matters because the entire arguments started with me saying McDonalds is unhealthy but apparently people disagreed.

I want to therefore know just how bad they have to be for you guys to say, ok, I agree they are now unhealthy. Where is the line?

EDIT: If someone is going to say that McDonalds isn't unhealthy I want to know what they DO consider unhealthy.

#196 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:04
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

I'm not gonna say it. So you might as well just quit posting about it.

#197 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:09
(1)

CS Original

Wasn't asking you Matt, I know you're just trollin

#198 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:15
(0)

CS Original

Even Dunning said that it had very high salt content and that eating two Big Macs would push you over the recommended safe limited of saturated fat levels.

Let's stick with McDonalds' nutritional chart. It says 31% daily value for sodium. Since we're discussing cheeseburgers, we can ignore saturated fat levels for Big Macs.

So what if it has some vitamins in it? I asked you some very simple questions for some reason you keep refusing to aswer:

1. Once again, what foods are so void of nutrients you will accept that they are not healthy?

2. Just how bad do McDonalds have to be for you to agree their food is generally unhealthy?

1. This isn't a simple question to answer. I consider healthy foods to be those that maximize nutrient value. Less healthy foods are those that have less nutrients. And so on. I suppose the cutoff line is when a food actually has a negative effect on my body. I consider grains to be a negative because they cause me to gain weight. Therefore, a McDonalds' cheeseburger is unhealthy for me. However, ANY product from ANY location that contains grains would be unhealthy for me. For the normal person, I don't see how anything in the McDonalds' cheeseburger negatively affects the person. None of the ingredients are harmful, and none of the ingredients go over the daily value. Cheeseburgers at McDonalds would become unhealthy if they went over that daily value, so I imagine eating more than 2 or 3 of them would be unhealthy. Regarding the Mars bar, I consider it unhealthy because it contains a host of sugars without providing much nutrient content. I could get the same or less amount of sugar from a fruit that packs more nutrient punch. So, I consider the Mars bar to be less healthy than other options.

2. I think I answered this one above. If the product goes over the daily value in a certain category or otherwise negatively affects me, then it is unhealthy. The average person is not negatively affected by one cheeseburger.

I'lll also point out that the same person he acts like he is quoting about the cheeseburger has also said that vitamin supplements are pointless and a waste of money, yet someone earlier tried to argue that Fruit Loops was obviously nutritious as well because they added synthetic vitamins.

Vitamin supplements are a waste of money unless you have a vitamin deficiency. Fortified Fruit Loops are nutritious because they contain many nutrients. However, I can get more nutrients from other products, so there's no point in me eating Fruit Loops. The sugar is also too high for me.

Oh really Aaron is that how you think of nutrition?

I asked you back this up with sources. The bun is processed white bread, its not good for you. A tiny sprinkle of onion and a slice of pickle does not count as a portion of vegetable. The cheese is processed and may not even contain real cheese, (though tbh McDonalds probably has to use he kind that has real cheese in it. Burger cheese slices have to be careful how they market themselves, many types of burger cheese contain no cheese at all and have to say it is cheese like or something.)

You asked me to show that the cheeseburger meets all four food groups, which I did.

You will find absolutely no legitimate source anywhere that agrees with you or him about this, I dare you to try and find one.

Actually, you just made a claim: I can find no legit sources that agree with him or me. Now, it's your turn to prove that. Burden of proof.

why do you want to defend him for no reason when he's so obviously wrong here?

It's more about me seeing flaws in your argument and feeling the need to point them out. At the same time, Dunning has made a decent point. A McDonalds cheeseburger is not bad for you (doesn't go over daily values in any area); therefore, it is not particularly unhealthy.

#199 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:25
(0)

CS Original

Aaron Im going to bed, please think about answering the question I asked. You wrote a lot but answered nothing.

I'm not talking about YOU, we're talking about the food and health in general. Someone who is lactose intolerant would not say that milk is unhealthy simply because THEY can't drink milk. If someone has a nut allergy that doesn't mean they can say nuts are an unhealthy food. Get it?

Again...

1. If you claim that I am wrong about McDonalds being unhealthy, please tell me what foods you consider to be unhealthy.

2. If you claim that I am wrong about McDonalds being unhealthy, please tell me just what McDonalds would have to do to get to the point where you would agree that their food (ie. burgers, fries etc) is unhealthy.

Unless someone can do that I don't really care about dancing around this argument for much longer.

You asked me to show that the cheeseburger meets all four food groups, which I did.

No you didn't. You showed me a very ignorant understanding of nutrition. next time you're in the store go look at the back of a packet of veg and see how much you have to consume for it to be a "portion." Thinking that chips is a potato, therefore a vegetable, therefore you can eat chips as part of your 5 portions of fruit and veg a day is really, really stupid.

#200 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:26
(0)

CS Original

I already answered them.

#201 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:30
(0)

CS Original

No you didn't. You showed me an very ignorant understanding of nutrition. next time you're in the store go look at the back of a packet of veg and see how much you have to consume for it to be a "portion."

Moving the goal posts

Now you want me to prove that the cheeseburger meets the level of one portion for all four groups. Earlier, all you wanted was for me to prove that the cheeseburger could be categorized into all 4. I never said each category would fulfill one portion. Dunning may have thought that, so take it up with him.

#202 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:31
(0)

CS Original

No Aaron, you didn't. Are you trolling me? I am not in the mood. Read my post again.

You kept talking about foods that were unhealthy or healthy TO YOU, but that is not my question. I don't care if you can't eat grains or you're lactose intolerant or you have a nut allergy. We're talking about generally what is unhealthy or healthy for humans to consume.

If you disagree with my characterisation of McDonalds as unhealthy you better give me an example of something you consider to be unhealthy. I don't need a massive paragraph just list some damn foods.

#203 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:33
(0)

CS Original

Thinking that chips is a potato, therefore a vegetable, therefore you can eat chips as part of your 5 portions of fruit and veg a day is really, really stupid.

straw man

Nowhere did I nor Dunning say potatoes or any of their forms were vegetables. Why are you even bringing this up?

#204 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:36
(0)

CS Original

Moving the goal posts

Now you want me to prove that the cheeseburger meets the level of one portion for all four groups. Earlier, all you wanted was for me to prove that the cheeseburger could be categorized into all 4. I never said each category would fulfill one portion. Dunning may have thought that, so take it up with him.

My god you can't follow an argument.

I asked you where the vegetables were in his well balanced meal that was rich in about every nutrient that he claimed even filled all 4 food groups! If you replace the fact that he is talking about a bloody cheese burger with some other food you'd assume he must be talking about something pretty healthy.

The kind of logic an obese person that eats nothing but fast foods uses to justify eating them is that the packet says it has vitamins and iron in it, or that the burger has a slice of tomato or pickle or iceberg lettuce on it and the fries are potato. Or their pizza has slices of pepper or something. That's the kind of shockingly faulty understanding that dangerous to those kinds of people. Thats the kind of mentality thats getting people killed because they wont stop eating shit like that.

So when I ask you to show me how the cheese burger really fits the 4 food groups, I mean how it ACTUALLY fits, in REALITY. And how exactly it is ACTUALLY a well balanced meal, IN REAL LIFE. Don't give the the rational of someone ignorant of nutrition that wants to have a reason to keep eating his fast food.

#205 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
EdPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 00:41
(0)

CS Original

straw man

Nowhere did I nor Dunning say potatoes or any of their forms were vegetables. Why are you even bringing this up?

Aaron you need to shut up and start listening rather than trying to find any reason to say Im wrong.

I said for pages that Dunnings logic about a pickle and a few tiny bits of onion counting as a portion of veg, that the white bun counted as grain, etc is the same logic that potato is a vegetable therefore fries is a vegetable.

EDIT: Now I really am going to bed, I suggest strongly that you read my posts properly before kneejerking to the first thing that comes into your head.

#206 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 04:01
(1)

CS Original

Proof McDonalds is not healthy:

Don't eat soylent green, it's made out of anus.

#207 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 07:36
(0)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

This thread is hilarious.

See, this is why I don't debate with Ed. He's a fucking nutball with a pretty awful understanding of logic. You get the same damn responses whether you debate him or you insult him. May as well just do what's fun.

He thinks Dunning is wrong, but he won't go to Dunning about it. What a huge floppy pussy.

#208 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
sorryPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 07:49
(0)

CS Original

I said for pages that Dunnings logic about a pickle and a few tiny bits of onion counting as a portion of veg, that the white bun counted as grain, etc is the same logic that potato is a vegetable therefore fries is a vegetable.

First of all, many would say potatoes aren't even a vegetable. They would classify it as a grain or at the most a very starchy vegetable.

McDonald's medium french fries are 117g, close to the 122 gram baked potato WHFoods gives nutritional data for. The medium french fries have 15% daily value of vitamin C, while the baked potato has 26%. Unfortunately, since McDonalds only lists % for iron, calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin C, I can't compare the other nutrients. However, there is still 60% of the vitamin C amount in the french fries.

So, would the french fries still be considered a potato? I don't know, but it has the majority of it original form's vitamin C and possibly other nutrients.

The problem in all of this is that we never properly defined terms; and it isn't as easy as I thought. "Unhealthy", "healthy", "nutritious", and "balanced", have a different meaning amongst posters in this thread.

I wouldn't consider french fries to be unhealthy so long as the daily recommended values are low. However, I'd never eat them because there are healthier choices.

Food goes along a continuum from most healthy to least healthy; then it crosses over to least unhealthy to most unhealthy. At the top of the list would be something like spinnach because it's packed with nutrients; whole grains would probably be at the bottom of the healthy side because they don't contain as many nutrients yet aren't harmful to us; the least unhealthy would be something that minimally exceeds daily values or has a minimal amount of a toxic substance... perhaps raw milk is a good example since it's typically consumable but has some risk; at the most unhealthy, you have foods with the highest amount of daily value, such as an Angus Bacon & Cheese at Mcdonalds (its sodium DV is 86%).

I suppose an unhealthy choice at McDonalds would be those that exceed the recommended daily values for a single meal. Assuming people eat 3 meals a day, any product that has an ingredient exceeding 33% of the daily recommended value would be unhealthy.

The worst grievance Dunning committed was that he singled out a product that isn't filling for many people and used it to defend McDonalds. He's defending the cheeseburger, claiming it isn't that unhealthy. Based on how I defined it above, it would actually be on the lower end of healthy, which Dunning claimed the entire time. Many people, of course, end up eating multiple cheeseburgers or choose something more grandiose on the list. In that way, they are eating unhealthy. Of course, Dunning also mentioned the high sodium content in the Big Mac, so it's not like he's entirely a McDonalds shill. :P

So, there are ways to eat somewhat healthy, less unhealthy, and more unhealthy at McDonalds. I wouldn't say anything they have is extremely healthy.

I think Dunning would agree with me.

#209 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 29, 2011 - 08:29
(1)

Genuine American Monster

CS Original

"I wouldn't say anything they have is extremely healthy."

Not even the salads and shit? McDonalds even has fruit bowls and oatmeal and stuff now. Also I would consider raw milk to be more unhealthy than anything McDonalds serves because there is no immediate risk of becoming ill from consuming it.

#210 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]