Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Evolution denialists

Tags: to do, Evolution, Creationism [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 16:48
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

This hasn't really been discussed since I showed up, but I wanted to get the CS consenus on these folks. Not simply creationists, but people who actually deny evolution ie. Ray Comfort, Kent Hovind, Kirk Cameron.

Discuss.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Agent MattPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 16:51
(0)

Genuine American Monster

Level: 70
CS Original

You forgot Ron and Rand Paul.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 17:09
(0)

CS Original

Oh, yeah.

Oops.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Senor DingdongPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 17:18
(0)

Level: 1
CS Original

They stupid

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 17:19
(0)

CS Original

ITS ONLY A THEEREY

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 17:22
(0)

CS Original

Global warming denial is one thing, because there's a lot of conflicting (dis)information out there. But I feel it takes a special kind of ignorance and stupidity to deny something that is a cold hard fact.

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 18:38
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original

I don't get it. Sure, you can point out a few holes in evolutionary lines and such, but a few holes doesn't mean it's wrong! We can watch evolution in action with various organisms that reproduce stupidly fast, like bacteria, viruses and insects.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 18:48
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

i hate when people say "its only a theory, it can go either way!" No, its called a theory because the precise mechanisms by which selection and transference on a macro level are not totally understood and verified. We know there is this process of evolution, but that doesnt mean we know for a fact that "survival of the fittest" is the only mechanism at work.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Senor DingdongPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 18:57
(0)

CS Original

They're not as sly as the catholic church, who are now claiming that Darwin was right and that was all in gods plan ofcourse:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/4588289/The-Vatican-claims-Darwins-theory-of-evolution-is-compatible-with-Christianity.html

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:04
(0)

CS Original

What bothers me the most is when people say there's no transitional forms in the fossil records.

That's a blatent lie.

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:19
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

Level: 8
CS Original

Look up Coywolf to see what how canines are adapting to us.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Senor DingdongPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:22
(0)

CS Original

^ Cracked?

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:25
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

^ Methed?

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:37
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

why do you always kill awesome?

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:41
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Why are you always mentally ill?

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:45
(0)

CS Original

The Fundamentalist Argument for Creationism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQeiKYqCETk

Omni, I know you'll like this.

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:45
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

because I need awesome to cure me, but you keep killing it all!

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 16, 2011 - 19:48
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

I HOG ALL THE AWESOME, YO.

@ Snob Goblin

Watching now....

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
advancedatheistPosted: Jan 17, 2011 - 21:25
(0)

Level: 3
CS Original

Even if you don't believe in evolution, you have to admit that most of us "get here" through random chance. For example, some woman around her ovulation time drinks too much alcohol and spends the night with a guy she met at a bar, and voila! she gives birth to a kid nine months later. Given the sloppy, haphazard nature of human reproduction, I don't see where "design" and "purpose" come into play.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jan 17, 2011 - 21:53
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

If herp evolved from derp then why are there still derps around?!

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Jan 17, 2011 - 21:55
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

Kent Hovind's criminal appeals were handled by a lady named Adrienne Gilbert: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/03/kent_hovind_is_still_in_jail_a.php</p>

This is Adrienne's father Richard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHQKTWuZJEU&feature=player_embedded

Btw., here's what happened to Richard was sentenced to three years in Federal prison: http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=220337.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
duncanlecombrePosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 01:06
(0)

Level: 2
CS Original

I understand why Darwin an atheist is a threat to people's belief system, but I don't understand why EVERYTHING he is about HAS to be accepted or denied. Maybe he's half right 90% right you could argue that a supreme being's ultimate creation is something that adapts and becomes better over time, as a programmer I know how easy in theory it is to make an AI that is perfect at some sort of task, but to create an AI that learns adapts and gets better is truly a masterpiece.

#22 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 06:57
(0)

CS Original

//I understand why Darwin an atheist is a threat to people's belief system, but I don't understand why EVERYTHING he is about HAS to be accepted or denied. Maybe he's half right 90% right you could argue that a supreme being's ultimate creation is something that adapts and becomes better over time//

I could be wrong but judging by that statement I'm going to have to question your knowledge of evolution and how Darwin pertains to modern evolutionary theory. It's just the way you refer to Darwin as if nothing has changed in 150 years since Darwin's Discovery.

Evolution is 100% fact, only the mechanisms of evolution are still debated and up for modification.

#23 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
domokatoPosted: Jan 18, 2011 - 19:08
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

The best way I heard it put: evolution is both a theory and a fact. It is a fact that evolution occurs, and the theory of evolution attempts to explain how that happens (that's what scientific theories do, as opposed to the colloquial meaning of "theory").

#24 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 19, 2011 - 15:46
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

To put it in a better way than Kepp:

"Theories" in science are still up for tweaking and refinement.

That's why Cell Theory is called Cell Theory.

#25 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 19, 2011 - 17:31
(0)

CS Original

Theories also provide predictive capabilities.

#26 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]