Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Brad Meltzer's Decoded

Tags: Brad Meltzer's Decoded, History Channel, Awful Television, To Debunk, Laughable, hermeneutic, Kepp learns a new word [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to General Discussion | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 21:57
(0)

Level: 8
CS Original

Have any of you seen this show? It is a waterdown version of Jessies's show. I saw a little bit of the show about Statue of Liberty; but could not get past when they brought Mark Dice on.

#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 21:59
(0)

Level: 5
CS Original

I saw the commercials for it, they make me rage and curse at the TV.

#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Sil the ShillPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:35
(0)

Level: 9
CS Original

Never heard of it.

#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:35
(0)

CS Original

It is on the History Channal.

#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:38
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

Level: 6
CS Original

Seen it. More typical History Channel circling the drain. They are a media group, not an academic, peer-reviewed institution.

#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:38
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

Goddammit, why does History Channel peddle this shit?!?!

#6 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:41
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Because people will buy it.

#7 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:46
(0)

CS Original

I don't blame the history channel, I blame the viewers.

#8 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Omni-SciencePosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:58
(0)

Ordo Ab Chao.

CS Original

This is FUCKED yo.... I grew up on History, Discovery, and Animal Planet.

It pains me to see this. ;_;

(end teenage angst)

#9 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 22:58
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Kepp, where does that hermeneutic cycle end?

#10 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:08
(0)

CS Original

If the history channel had the viewer count to support legitimate educational programming, then we probably wouldn't be bombarded with the worthless programming.

They are giving the viewers what they want, pseudoscience is more exciting than science it seems.

#11 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:12
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

So then the structure of the provider is directly tied to the make up of the demander who is encouraged by the provider who is still designed to respond to the demand. Its just a terribly circular relationship

#12 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:16
(0)

CS Original

That's why PBS rocks. ;)

#13 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:18
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

Agreed.

#14 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
KeppPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:19
(0)

CS Original

PS - Thanks for teaching me a new word. "hermeneutic"

#15 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 11, 2011 - 23:21
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

its a wonderful word. Enjoy it and all the places it can take you!

#16 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
scitopsPosted: Jan 12, 2011 - 00:23
(0)

Level: 4
CS Original

I've read one Brad Meltzer novel, and I doubt I will ever read another one. The main characters were attorneys but did the most incredibly stupid things. They didn't sound like the seasoned pros they were supposed to be.

#17 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
AKBastardPosted: Jan 12, 2011 - 00:53
(0)

CS Original

Was the Statue of Liberty stuff along the lines of this horse shit?

"The Statue of Liberty in New York harbour was presented in 1884 as a gift from the French Grand Orient Temple Masons to the Masons of America in celebration of the centenary of the first Masonic Republic.

She is holding the Masonic "Torch of Enlightenment". Also referred to back in the 1700's by the Illuminati Masons as the "Flaming Torch of Reason". The Torch represents the "Sun" in the sky.

The Statue of Liberty's official title is, "Liberty Enlightening the World".

The cornerstone of the statue records how it was laid in a Masonic ceremony (see plaque photo above).

THE TORCH SYMBOL

Illuminati means to "bare light" one way to symbolize this is by carrying a torch. A torch sits on top of the Statue of Liberty, on top of JFK's grave, and on top of the tunnel where Princess Diana was killed.

Best selling author, Robert Bauval:

"The cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was placed in a solemn ceremony in 1884 organised by the Masonic lodges of New York.

The Statue of Liberty, which was designed by the French sculptor Bartholdi and actually built by the French Engineer, Gustave Eiffel (both well-known Freemasons), was not originally a ‘Statue of Liberty’ at all, but first planned by Bartholdi for the opening of the Suez Canal in Egypt in 1867.

Bartholdi, like many French Freemasons of his time, was deeply steeped in ‘Egyptian’ rituals, and it has often been said that he conceived the original statue as an effigy of the goddess Isis, and only later converted it to a ‘Statue of Liberty’ for New York harbour when it was rejected for the Suez Canal."

The goddess Isis is known by many names, including Juno."

Is there a good debunking for this?

#18 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
JoePosted: Jan 12, 2011 - 10:01
(0)

CS Original

Snob Goblin
Sorry I did not get past this part:
Guy ask Mark Dice: So you say that it does not repersent freedom?
Mark Dice: That is right it does not repersent freedom; it repersent Satan.

#19 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Kaiser FalknerPosted: Jan 12, 2011 - 10:20
(0)

HAIL HYDRA

CS Original

In regards to the Isis/Juno issue, I think a survey of Egyptology literature via something like JSTOR would help clear up the issue. A 5 minute search gave me only this connection between the two on the wikipedia entry for Isis

In The Golden Ass the Roman writer Apuleius later gives us his understanding of Isis in the second century. The following paragraph is particularly significant:

You see me here, Lucius, in answer to your prayer. I am nature, the universal Mother, mistress of all the elements, primordial child of time, sovereign of all things spiritual, queen of the dead, queen of the ocean, queen also of the immortals, the single manifestation of all gods and goddesses that are, my nod governs the shining heights of Heavens, the wholesome sea breezes. Though I am worshipped in many aspects, known by countless names ... some know me as Juno, some as Bellona ... the Egyptians who excel in ancient learning and worship call me by my true name...Queen Isis.

#20 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Real RoxettePosted: Jan 12, 2011 - 17:47
(0)

There ARE more sluts in public schools. Shut up and let me explain.

CS Original

This whole "hidden meaning" stuff is stupid, if the meaning is hidden then the meaning is irrelevant. To everyone on the planet who knows that the statue of liberty exists, it represents America or "Freedom." No one gives a rats ass if it "really" represents something super hidden that only some guy who makes YouTube videos knows.

Side note: over a year ago Edward (the creator of this site) was asked (along with many others) to create a short video for a new show called "Decoded" that was to be on the History Channel. He was interested until he read they were interested in finding "conspiracy theorists" not skeptics, in their own words. They also said they wanted someone "attractive," but Meltzer doesn't fit that one either.

#21 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]